Tower Cooler - Vertical Airflow

Associate
Any tower coolers that can be rotated in their position on Intel sockets so that they blow upwards rather than right to left?

I’m thinking of getting a case that only has roof exhaust fans so pointing the cpu cooler to blow air upwards would help. Oh, ideally less than 155 mm tall too. Don’t mind 92mm or 120mm if it fits.

Thanks.

Associate
OP
Ah yes that makes sense. So it will be the physical constraints of not colliding with other components rather than mounting issues. A lot of coolers seem very optimised for right to left airflow with swept/offset heat pipes to avoid the ram.

One of the Noctua U9 ones would be the safest option I think

Soldato
Any tower coolers that can be rotated in their position on Intel sockets so that they blow upwards rather than right to left?

I’m thinking of getting a case that only has roof exhaust fans so pointing the cpu cooler to blow air upwards would help. Oh, ideally less than 155 mm tall too. Don’t mind 92mm or 120mm if it fits.

Thanks.
As Freddie 64 said, Intel mounts can be turned 90 degrees no problems. But cooler needs to be sized so there is at least 30mm between front of cooler / cooler fan and GPU for airflow to cooler. More space is better with ideal being half the diameter of fan, so 60mm for 120mm fan, 70mm for 140mm fan.

If I knew what motherboard you are using I could tell you how much room there is from center CPU to nearest 16x PCIe socket.

Another possibility is to use top vents as intakes instead of exhaust. This would flow cool intake air directly into cooler. What case are you using?

Associate
OP
Thanks for replies. I’m still speccing stuff as wanting to build in the NR200p which isn’t in stock for a while yet. It’s giving me plenty of planning time to deliberate on the various cooling options though.

I’m active in the nr200 thread in the cases section too. Too many options and too much time to think about them.

Back
Top Bottom