1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tower size

Discussion in 'New to PC gaming & upgrade advice' started by SemperFitz, 20 Nov 2018.

1. SemperFitz

Associate

Hi all

Does the tower effect what MB and components i buy?

I have a full tower with side fan and was bought about 6 years ago with MB bought at the same time. If i buy a new MB and PSU that should just go in place of old....right?

TIA

2. lee32uk

Underboss

Hi

Yes the case size does affect what parts you can put in it.

There are different form factors (Sizes) of Motherboard and not all will fit in every case etc.

A Full Tower should have you covered though as that will take an ATX board which is the most common size.

Any idea on what the case make/model is ?

3. StarShock

Wise Guy

So long as its a full tower you should be able to fit any motherboard in it, smaller cases may only be able to hold smaller motherboards. Same is true for power supplies a full tower should be fine, but some smaller cases need small form power supplies

4. SemperFitz

Associate

CiT Saturn Midi Tower Part-Mesh Gaming Case with 2x Red LED Fans

5. lee32uk

Underboss

This it ? If so I would probably buy a new one depending on your overall budget.

[​IMG]

6. ExoMale

Mobster

thats ghastly, i like CiT, but i never understand that style for side panels.

anyways as above, a full tower can fit any motherboard so long it has the correct offsets for them, obviously you dont want to stick a mini itx in an atx case as thats just a waste.

7. SemperFitz

Associate

yeah, case is in need of replacing but its not high on my list of things