Toyota Celica 1990 GT-Four

Man of Honour
I dont really understand how you've managed to get a quote for a Turbocharged import sports coupe at 18 of £1600.

Whats the secret?

Soldato
OP
its not an import. its a UK model.

they wont touch me on a import.

i didnt relise they where running that much break in the standard GT

Soldato
Hate said:
wrong, its about 100kg lighter, the ST205 is about 1380, whereas the ST185 is nearer 1480.

the ST205's bonnet is over 20KG lighter, it has lighter engine components, lighter suspension, lighter brakes blah blah.

the ST185 also has electric memory seats that are about 30KG each, the ST205 doesn't

etc. etc.

From Parkers :

Production: 01 Mar 1994 until 01 Dec 1996
Length: 4470 mm
Width: 1727 mm
Weight: 1440 kg
Fuel Delivery: Twin entry turbo
Transmission: Manual
Gears: 5 Speed

From http://www.rallycars.com/Cars/Toyota_GT4/Celica3.html

"The specification of the street version ST205 Celica can be found here. As you might have already guessed this was some car. Toyota delivered more in the Celica GTFour than one could hope for. The Torsen (which stands for Torque Sensing) rear differential was a very good surprise too. Previously used in the Lancia Integrale and the Audi Quattro this device generates extra costs to the overall price of the car. No wonder the Celica GTFour was the most expensive street versions of the homologation specials. The one problem the street Celica version was suffering from was its weight. A laden weight of around 1450Kg is way too high for a "sports" car and generates important inertia-induced parasitic movements. This fact influenced badly the car's handling abilities."

Ignoring the numbers, the car simply feels lardy to drive IMO.

Soldato
that information is rubbish, the GT4OC have had theirs on weighbridges. the ST205 is significantly lighter and better handling than the 185

Associate
Hate said:
that information is rubbish, the GT4OC have had theirs on weighbridges. the ST205 is significantly lighter and better handling than the 185

I dont think anyone would contest that, fact is though there both pretty lardy :D

Back
Top Bottom