1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track sender of a parcel wioth Parcel Force.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sswats, 24 Oct 2018.

1. sswats

Wise Guy

I have a customer who i was collecting a parcel off so i sent her a Parcel Force label and arranged for it to be collected. Lets call that Parcel A.

When it arrived it arrived with a 2nd parcel, lets call it Parcel B.
    Parcel A arrived fine with a label printed by the customer.
    Parcel B has a label that's obviously been printed by the driver (looks more professional) but with the same details as the one I sent to to the customer, including their name as sender and my name as recipient.

Customer said they only sent 1 parcel. Parcel A.

From my experience drivers can provide labels to customers who can't label it themselves. So it appears he had a printed label meant for Parcel A and just put on Parcel B.

Called the depot and they haven't got a clue.
    Its been a few days and its taking up space and inside are some laptops that look expensive. And they're labeled owned by "massive car company". Nothing else indicating original senders.

Do i just have to wait for the owner to chase them up or can i do something?

2. NoobCannon

Soldato

No idea, can you do something?

3. cainer

Man of Honour

get em straight on Ebay my lad ;)

4. touch

Capodecina

Sorry, that was me. I'll pm you my address so you can return then.

5. LeeUK

Soldato

I'd leave them to one side for a while and if nothing comes of it I'd keep them myself or sell them. It's a dog eat dog world out there.

6. insane200

Soldato

Ring said car company, Explain that due to GDPR you know have details of customers and will not release them IF you get a free top of the range car ;)

7. MrKeeno

Wise Guy

I work for Parcelforce (not even a wind up). Can you PM me the tracking number. I'll contact the depot that originally collected the parcel + arrange for it to be collected from your address (probably tomorrow at this stage) 100% sure there will already be internal messages trying to locate it.

8. Delvis

Caporegime

For the ops sanity I'm sure he can just contact then directly?

9. Beerbaron

Soldato

If the laptops are encrypted they don't even have to notify the ICO about the data loss :D

10. MrKeeno

Wise Guy

He can but he said they haven't a clue so thought I would chip in and offer some help.

11. sswats

Wise Guy

Sorry for the late response I thought the thread had died. But still have the parcel and had no contact regarding it.
    The only tracking number is of the label I sent to a customer of ours. What has happened before is if the customer does not have a printer the Parcel force driver will label the parcel himself, it's on his system. But our customer had a printer and labelled their parcel.

My guess is the driver printed and put our label on his next collection by accident and I'm up 2 laptops.

12. Thekwango

Capodecina

Have you not contacted the ‘massive car company’ yet?

Massive and all as they may be surely someone will be aware that some laptops are missing.

Grabbed the parcelforce driver and asked if he can remember who they are actually for?

13. LeeUK

Soldato

Past experience usually dictates that even if I address it myself, the driver still brings a label and slaps it on rendering my efforts fruitless. This was City Link and DHL back in the day, Not had a parcel pickup for years.

14. sswats

Wise Guy

True but you'll still have the label that you stuck on, so i could have traced it through that.

I have contacted the car company using an online contact form as i ended up wasting too much time trying to get the right person on the phone. Still not heard back though.

15. LeeUK

Soldato

Thought someone replied above who worked for Parcelforce and was willing to check the system for you with the tracking number?

16. touch

Capodecina

If the parcel has the wrong label on it then checking the tracking number wont help.
    He already knows the name and address of the sender for the tracking number which is on the parcel.

17. Lopéz

Man of Honour

It won't, but a bit of system interrogation with the addresses and relevant driver rounds will soon show some potential gaps and matches. With some detective work you can often trace it back to the root and find out where the rogue parcel came from.

*Source: I used to do this for a living

18. Malevolence

Capodecina

Unsolicited goods. Jackpot!

19. Lopéz

Man of Honour

Not unsolicited goods. Unsolicited goods are when you aren't sent something you did not order and the company who sent them then tries to extract money from you for the items you did not order.
    Mistakes and errors are not unsolicited goods.

20. AHarvey

Sgarrista

With the dates and details it'll be fairly simple to track it all down from the Parcelforce side.

They have pickup and delivery routes/timetables and will be able to cross-reference pickups of a parcel that have been stated as not delivered to the correct address.