Trackday stuff

Mic

Mic

Soldato
eidolon said:
If it was exclusively an OCUK day then I don't see the problem. If it's a public day then obviously I could see why they don't allow it.
Good point!
I think it would be a tremendous sucess if it was an OCUK only meet. But i could see the keyboard warriors in real life when someone hits someone else's car:D

Soldato
OP
Bigsy said:
Really want to go on one myself after going on one with Smokes and his rover.....just the lack of a baffled sump on the CTR worries me a lot, there are a couple of people on the CTR forum looking for new K20's after killing them from oil starvation on track days.

Two possible solutions -

1) baffled sump or
2) simply overfill the engine oil for the track

Associate
merlin said:
Finally got the car properly track prepared now so going to book a slot at Donny asap.
Congrats chap, the DC5 should be an excellent car to take around Donny.

merlin said:
Is it best to book direct at Donnigton - or through one of these trackday people? Is there any difference?
As mentioned by CSLman, booking into TrackZone carrys the problem of it being busy & the increased possibility of noddy-drivers.
I'd recommend TrackDays.co.uk once the full calendar is up.

merlin said:
Finally - anyone interested in a run around Donny say March or April?
I wouldn't say no!
Donny's my 'home-circuit', great place for your first visit, you will be hooked! :)

Mic

Mic

Soldato
Whats the deal with trackdays anyway?
Can you bring any old banger along or does it have to have passed some kind of tests?

Soldato
-Mic- said:
Whats the deal with trackdays anyway?
Can you bring any old banger along or does it have to have passed some kind of tests?

It generally needs to be considered 'roadworthy' although there's no hard and fast definition of what that entails. If it would be capable of passing an MOT it should be OK.

Soldato
OP
Lowe said:
Merlin, if you're concerned I can borrow a dB meter and we can test your motor.

lol, is there anything you can't do or get? You've got more contacts than Specsavers. :D

Cheers dude, hold that thought, I may well take you up on that. I'm just going to throw the bung on and get Ade to listen to a dry-by - see what difference it makes. I've never put it on so no idea what to expect.

:)

Soldato
merlin said:
lol, is there anything you can't do or get? You've got more contacts than Specsavers. :D

Cheers dude, hold that thought, I may well take you up on that. I'm just going to throw the bung on and get Ade to listen to a dry-by - see what difference it makes. I've never put it on so no idea what to expect.

It pays to have your fingers in as many pies as possible mate. You know where I am should you need me ;)

Soldato
merlin said:

It pays to have your fingers in as many pies as possible mate. You know where I am should you need me ;)

It'd be good to meet up anyway, been way too long fella and we can compare the 'new' motors :D

Soldato
Evening folks.

Here is the info from CC.

'3' Car Day - This will allow you to have no more than '3' cars on track at any one time- £3,400 + VAT

'4' Car Day - This will allow you to have no more than '4' cars on track at any one time - £4,250 + VAT

'6' Car Day - Again no more than '6' on track at any one time - £5,250 + VAT

'12' Car Day - This is max no of cars allowed on track at any one time - £6,500+ VAT

If we base the day on the 3 car event we are looking at a total of 840laps at 1:30 per lap.

The day is £4k inc. VAT.

If we could get 40 people to go you would be looking at £100 each for around 20 laps.

They don't really have any bookings at all in March and are quite full in April.
I reckon I could haggle a deal out of them if we have a huge interest.

The cars need to be road worthy and also <100dba

Back
Top Bottom