Trackday stuff

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
OOOOH it's only 100 miles from me CC :) :)

So for once I might actually say yes :p :p

Been wanting to track a car for ages, didn't get a chance with the 19 before it died so lets see if I can kill the Clio instead :)

Oh and my step dad would want to go too I bet so that's another 2 :)

Soldato
OP
Me and my brother - yes, no problem, any day - not fussed.

So - how exactly do we go about paying?

I'm sure we could nail 40 people easy - but how would we all pay?

I'd suggest we have a deadline for payment of at least 3 weeks before the event - that way we aren't going to get stuffed for 10 people dropping out and hiking the price up for the rest of us right at the death.

Soldato
id be up for it also. With regards to the CTR and oil, i dont hang around in my CTR and its not used up much oil at all. im guessing this might be different on track though. Im desparate for some track time, and for £100 im up for it.

Soldato
I'll take on a puma in the free rover im getting.

I would normally lose though. But then sam is driving it so I should fair nicely :p

Dave, whats the deal with Donny then? Price etc...?

Soldato
I'd love to do somewhere like Donnington but currently I'm looking at £130/day for insurance with a £3k excess which makes it too expensive. I think I'll have to stick with driver training days for the moment.

Soldato
OP
James_N said:
id be up for it also. With regards to the CTR and oil, i dont hang around in my CTR and its not used up much oil at all. im guessing this might be different on track though. Im desparate for some track time, and for £100 im up for it.

It's not the oil consumption that's as issue.

It's oil stavation - totally different to whether your K20 likes a drink. Although on that topic - it will start to drink oil at some point. Mine was fine till around 20,000 miles then it started using a bit so I just check it every couple of weeks.

Oil starvation issue is basically an oil pick up problem - oil gets pushed away from the sump pickup on high G corners/bends and if the corner/bend is long enough - it'll run out of oil to fire at essential parts.

So the baffled sump is a solution - it stops oil swilling around so easily, or simply overfill (which a lot of CTR/ITR owners do daily anyway). :)

Soldato
I'd go to this, definitely. Its just up the road from me. But I won't be running, got a few outgoings just after that and don't want the stress at that point of possibly knackering something on my car :eek:

Caporegime
Where do i sign? Have done donny before, fantastic track. Be warned it is very hard on the brakes.

The castle combe summer action days are ideal for Newbies, can be a bit busy mind you, but i enjoy it. More cars to overtake ;)

Soldato
I quite like the idea of an OcUK trackday but what's been posted so far doesn't offer good value and I think you'll struggle to compete with the organised trackday companies.

For example, the 3 car day you posted above with 40 cars, 20 laps each for £100 equates to only 30 minutes of tracktime each. I just had a quick look on the Bookatrack website for comparison and they are offering a day at CC in March for £135 where you'll get about 2 hours tracktime.

Soldato
OP
We'll see what the score is with CC, although personally I can't see it going smoothly - always going to be people messing around with paying etc and I dont fancy getting there to find out the price is £300 each cos someone's puppy has fallen over in the strawberry patch or some other marvellous excuse.

Maybe we should all just pick a day at Donny and all book/pay privately? No hassle, no stress - whoever turns up turns up, and the price isn't going to change.

Caporegime
merlin said:
Maybe we should all just pick a day at Donny and all book/pay privately? No hassle, no stress - whoever turns up turns up, and the price isn't going to change.
Best idea to me, plus you get rich boys in fast cars who drive like nonces :p

Back
Top Bottom