Trackday Videos

Associate
Anyone else in to their track days here? I quite like watching various interesting cars being spanked on track :D

Perhaps I can start the ball rolling with my session from Donington Yesterday. Lots to learn and frustrating having to lift/short shift for noise but what an awesome circuit :)

Associate
Anyone else in to their track days here? I quite like watching various interesting cars being spanked on track :D

Perhaps I can start the ball rolling with my session from Donington Yesterday. Lots to learn and frustrating having to lift/short shift for noise but what an awesome circuit :)

I was at Donington yesterday in my Glanza V, you go flying past me near the start haha, saw some massive flames from your exhaust :D. No video tho sadly.

Last edited:
Soldato
Been a while since i've done one now after selling my old Subaru and getting bogged down building my own house etc. I'll get something sorted soon as i really miss doing them

At my local circuit

On my last trip to the 'ring, shame about the warped brakes :(

Associate
OP
What app are you using on you phone?

Harry's lap timer.

I was at Donington yesterday in my Glanza V, you go flying past me near the start haha, saw some massive flames from your exhaust :D. No video tho sadly.

Thanks for being polite, there were a lot of people on track yesterday that refused to move over anywhere other than the two main straights.

OcUK Staff
911 C2S on cup tyres in the wet

Cannot wait to get the M3 back out there, now its more power, lighter, caged, shorter ratios, will be epic.

Associate
Pretty rubbish video due to camera angle, but here's my best lap at Silverstone National back in October. (30 min session at Pistonheads Sunday Service). Off to Bedford in a few weeks and will get the proper video system (Racelogic HD2) sorted for then so should get some good footage (12v socket in car wasn't working before, so had to use battery pack which ran out :()

OcUK Staff
Looked at buying that 400 the other day, wonder if the same guy owned it back then

I did a few track days with him, but my memory is crap, already forgotton his name, but tallish middle aged chap, think he had a Capri too.

Was good fun, we did a day in the dry and the 911 really rinsed him massive difference, helped by the cup tyres of course.
So the day in the video we expected tables to turn considering it was AWD with proper summer tyres VS RWD on worn down cup tyres, but even in the wet the 911 was still better under braking, actual corner speed, only place it was weaker is I was not bothering with 2nd gear out of the chicane as it simply spun up or went sideways, so he could accelerate harder out the corner, plus he had 400HP VS my 360HP. But once he let me pass I slowly walked away.

From what I remember it was a very clean car, he knew how to drive it and cared for it, but that was some years ago so no idea if same owner now.

Soldato
I still miss my old DC5, only ever took it on track at the Nurburgring and never a proper track day as i knew it would probably shatter in to 1000 pieces as it was a pretty bad example :(

Loved that K20A so much

Associate
I did a few track days with him, but my memory is crap, already forgotton his name, but tallish middle aged chap, think he had a Capri too.

Was good fun, we did a day in the dry and the 911 really rinsed him massive difference, helped by the cup tyres of course.
So the day in the video we expected tables to turn considering it was AWD with proper summer tyres VS RWD on worn down cup tyres, but even in the wet the 911 was still better under braking, actual corner speed, only place it was weaker is I was not bothering with 2nd gear out of the chicane as it simply spun up or went sideways, so he could accelerate harder out the corner, plus he had 400HP VS my 360HP. But once he let me pass I slowly walked away.

From what I remember it was a very clean car, he knew how to drive it and cared for it, but that was some years ago so no idea if same owner now.

Yeah sounds like the same guy, think he had it for a few years. Not sure exactly when he had it mapped but it's claimed to be 450HP now...

The car was fairly clean and hadn't been irreversibly chaved (ruined) like most Evo's these days.

OcUK Staff
Yeah sounds like the same guy, think he had it for a few years. Not sure exactly when he had it mapped but it's claimed to be 450HP now...

The car was fairly clean and hadn't been irreversibly chaved (ruined) like most Evo's these days.

No his was a very clean car just mods that improve it slightly, it was an FQ-400 and at the time we were going to track days I do not think it was mapped, if it was he never let on, but if it was and he had told me I would have rubbed it in even more that I was 100HP down and still passed him in the wet. :D

But was a lovely example of an EVO, he drove it well but without needless sliding it all over though in one of my videos he understeers and then powerslides quite nice, if I find it will post it up.

Associate
My quickest lap from Bedford today, not the tidiest lap but kept it together! Plenty of slides between us both, although only one spin (me...) in another video soon

Associate
Why no other cars? You testing new racelogic stuff or is it some kind of special timed lap event type track day?

Was a busy day, got lucky with traffic at times though! Plus it was the GT circuit so 4.2 miles long which helped with finding space. That lap was also right at the end of the day and most people had stopped.

Here's a bit more action, mostly in the morning when it was a bit slippy.... semi slicks not ideal in those conditions :p

Back
Top Bottom