TrackMania: Nations

Soldato
Reppyboyo said:
Seesm the game hates Saitek keyboards, I cant even enter my name or flag.

BINGO! goto device manager, (C:/ my computer - rightclick- properties - hardware tab)

then human interface devices. Disable the following:

HID-compliant consumer control device
HID-compliant device
HID-compliant device
HID-compliant game controller

Your keyboard now works in trackmania :)

Have to do it anytime you want to play TM on a new bootup, but its only way to make the game see a usb keyboard.

Soldato
Just got full Gold on the beginner tracks (some are actually a little difficult! :D) and I tried to play online but it cant connect to the ladder :(

Oh well, time to move onto the Intermediate tracks :)

Associate
I think their servers are dieing under the load :( As it's a free game thousands of peeps have swarmed the master server. I left it trying and got to play online 15mins ago but the other players' cars updated once a second...
Try later.

Soldato
I'm actually starting to be able to complete tracks in times under 1 min from the leader in TMSE :D I feel so proud ^^

Also did a few expert tracks on this game, my god they are well built D:

Soldato
Psypher5 said:
BINGO! goto device manager, (C:/ my computer - rightclick- properties - hardware tab)

then human interface devices. Disable the following:

HID-compliant consumer control device
HID-compliant device
HID-compliant device
HID-compliant game controller

Your keyboard now works in trackmania :)

Have to do it anytime you want to play TM on a new bootup, but its only way to make the game see a usb keyboard.

I've got a Saitek to...

Got the original TMSR but not played it since i had my new keyboard, Think i'll be uninstalling it though as i don't fancy doing the above every time i fancy a game, shame really :(

Soldato
You should, the games the most fun i've had for a while in gaming :(

I'm sure someone somewhere has written a batch file or such to do this, a simple click on a shortcut on desktop that does it automatically. ..Hmmm

Soldato
I cant install it. It comes up with a "patch not required" error. I've already got TM Sunrise installed and the previous free upgrade. Anyone else with a similar problem.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just played online, and once again the community of people is amazing. In sunrise EVERYONE is kind and helpfull. Much to my happiness I saw everyone was having a laugh on here, we all gave tips about how to do sections of the tracks and helped people who didnt know how to do certain things.

After everygame people say gg and welldone to the top few people (who manage to actually finish the track xD)
Friendly good clean community. Something I don't see too much thesedays in gaming.

Back
Top Bottom