TrackMania: Nations

Soldato
Mana said:
omg just played this game online... so much fun.

this one small race i was in the lead and then some bugger got 1st place in the last 10 seconds!! :)

Heh, i've done that to someone before.

Was having a bad round, kept making stupid mistakes and then there was 00:02 seconds left on the clock as i crossed the line to jump 15 places and take 1st.

:D :cool: :D

Man of Honour
OP
Some of the custom tracks are nuts :D

I've made a few custom tracks, but compared to some of the ones out there, they aren't that good :p

Soldato
Downloaded this last night, didn't have time to play it, am looking forward to giving it a go though.
I think it's someones duty to post a couple of shots in the screenshot thread, it looks absolutely superb!

Soldato
The anti-PC copy protection site Boycott Starforce has listed Trackmania Nations as a game that carries Starforce (see Luke’s post below). Starforce is hidden and installs without the user’s consent or knowledge. These unwanted drivers are even linked to system instability and computer crashes. Yuck.

Lol, seeing as you dont have to have a cd in to play? The game IMO (and many others) is purely amazing, especially for a FREE game.

Soldato
I hope it's a new version of starforce or it wont be installing on my system, sigh!
Starforce - worst copyright protection ever.

Edit: It works, how fun it is too!

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow just played thiss, what a fun game!!

I'm still a little rusty, but it's all coming back to me, getting a few 1sts, 2nds and 3rds!

Look out for me, "Mark" South Africa.

Man of Honour
OP
There is a thread on the Trackmania forums about the protection program.

IMO it's all just over hyped carp.. I don't have any stability issues with the games on my system.

Soldato
The shame, I'm going to have to do training missions due to being rubbish! Just couldn't manage expert tracks, must be a learning curve...
At least the basic trainings are really easy!

Man of Honour
OP
Ok found my fav track.. the one where there is a single jump and you need to land on the line to get within 0.00001 to win :p

trackmania1.jpg

Associate
I can't find that thread about the chap who kindly put up a dedicated TMN server (server name is NT4S.CO.UK|RANKED), but if you happen to read this, I'm pimping my first track here and would be eternally grateful if it could be added to the track cycle for some feedback :)

Soldato
I have just started playing TMN and it's great! I am using a XBOX 360 controller, which seems to suit it pretty well. I only wish there was an option for analogue braking, as the on/off nature of braking means lots of understeer, which doesn't help. The HDR is a nice touch and it looks pretty good. At the moment I think I am ranked around 32 000 in the world and ~800 in the UK. How about you guys?

Back
Top Bottom