TrackMania: Nations

Man of Honour
OP
Hovering between 50th-60th in UK (~900-1000th in World), depending on how much time I get to play :)

I recommend the OTMB server.. the custom tracks change about once a week or so.

Soldato
Duke, I saw you on there briefly yesterday around mid-day!

This is a great game for wasting some time in a very arcadish way, when I don't feel like setting up the steering wheel/pedals for Live For Speed!

Soldato
how do you turn off the other cars? I have gone into the preferences and set the key press, but presing it doesn't do anything, sometimes when there are 50 or so players on i get some lag and often leads me crashing into a barrier :(

Man of Honour
OP
ConfusedTA said:
Duke, I saw you on there briefly yesterday around mid-day!

This is a great game for wasting some time in a very arcadish way, when I don't feel like setting up the steering wheel/pedals for Live For Speed!
:cool: Indeed that's what the game is all about.. just load up (which takes only seconds), join a server and enjoy :p

roadie said:
I will check out this server this evening. How is it for player numbers and lag?
It's a large server with 40-50 people on at peak times. UK based with majority UK players, so is generally unlaggy to play :)

VaderDSL said:
how do you turn off the other cars? I have gone into the preferences and set the key press, but presing it doesn't do anything, sometimes when there are 50 or so players on i get some lag and often leads me crashing into a barrier :(
AFAIK you cannot turn off other players.. can only suggest to turn down some options (turning off shadows is a good one - I find them a little distracting anyway).

Soldato
Duke said:
I recommend the OTMB server.. the custom tracks change about once a week or so.
Had a quick go on this server last night. For some reason, I was getting huge amounts of lag but I am not sure whether this was system performance or connection based. Current settings are everything pushed up to the max and 16x HQ AF. I will fiddle around tonight to see if I can get it to run better.

Also, how do I trun off the names above everyones cars? These are really distracting in narrow pieces of track...

Man of Honour
OP
Most likely system lag - with 40-50 cars on track, it can tax even top end systems :p try turning off shadows and AA.. put AF down a notch too.

Press ` (below Esc) to toggle names :)

Soldato
Duke said:
Most likely system lag - with 40-50 cars on track, it can tax even top end systems :p try turning off shadows and AA.. put AF down a notch too.

Press ` (below Esc) to toggle names :)
I'll try messing about with the settings tonight. Hopeully I can move up another 5000+ places and crack the top 20k.

Soldato
Changes to the settings I made last night were:

• Not using payer skins (so all cars appear the same).
  • Turning shadows down to medium.
  • Reducing detail on opponents cars to medium.
This actually made a large difference on a server with 30 others playing. I am now inside the top 19 000 in the world and 600 in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom