Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Everything is red today…

MONI saw a big drop on a TU reducing forecasted revinue growth from 40% to 30%. Glad I wasn't in that one.

I sold out of them as they flipped up so well so quick.
Now its about halved from its high and volume keeps rising the lower the price goes so a lot of holders are scared for some reason.
35 could be a place it catches but chainmail gloves may be required :p
I dont know the context of its news especially or with easyjet

EZJ looks to have 1350 as hump to get over and 1200 a pretty major ledge as support. Better to buy either of them on the way up after its beaten whatever trouble, but I never really manage to do that
I don't know, but would also assume the brokers will also tell them of any suspected CGT liability you might have.
Brokers usually send out something after April. Same thing with a normal cash account, they'll have some record of your income and any tax paid. Is there any danger of making more then 10k profit every year, lucky you :D

MwU0liB.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Any interest in Quadrise QFI ?

'invents new fuel' - the graph looks positive to say the least and questor says its a speculative buy

The recent announcement by ExxonMobil is totally unrelated to MSAR or associated MAN POC tests.

HDME50 is a distillate oil based fuel with low sulphur (<0.1%S) that's designed for ECA use and we expect is priced accordingly (i.e. as close to MDO as possible).

The advantage stated is that it's high viscosity and high flash which means you can handle at temperatures closer to HFO, hence when you switch from ECA to Non-ECA fuels there's less thermal impact to the engine.

We do not view this as a threat to MSAR, more to the ECA fuels on the market.

QFI Investor Relations
:confused:

'Gotham ends company in five days'
http://www.businessweek.com/news/20...o-went-from-defiant-to-disgraced-in-five-days

Last edited:
Soldato
The way everything has been going over the last week we might actually see the big rerating everyone has been banging on about for a while.

Guaranteed the second I go short everything will bounce back and the FTSE100 will break 7,000. :p

Soldato
Soldato
I had hopes for Easyjet aswell after last week but looks like its dropped back down again today which is dissapointing for you.

I'll check out ABF now. Any particular reason for the optimism?

I had a pretty tight stop loss and had big expectations for this week. Expected it to slowly build up to around 250 ready for the results on the 21st (although i did half expect it to then drop on results day!)

Soldato
Taking a look at EZJ trying to decide if that triple bottom (short term) is good or not and I dont think its super tempting (long term). I'd rather have Rolls Royce and take a bet on all airlines, that seems more positive

QPP doesnt seem to be mad keen positive. No buy, no sell here, I suspect more blah ahead still. A double touch of 180 maybe and I can look again
TV45Y.gif

BP is a buy and pays a div in less then a month, I think so
I bought some Moni but not more in the thirties :/ Its looking whacked long term?

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/one-reason-why-buy-bp-073603659.html

Soldato
I have been cut one too many times trying to catch the falling knife that is/was QPP. Last week was the final straw when it spiked down to below 180 and then typically it rebounds nearly 55 points today. :rolleyes:

Soldato
I'm not sure i'd describe it fully as a falling knife yet as i think its still good long term (my understanding was a falling knife was a company that was screwed entirely. Though i'll happily admit i'm wrong if its just a company in free fall in the short term that bounces a little every now and then)

I cashed out my long this morning at 210. In hindsight i'd have done it when it was falling so much yesterday but i wanted to believe it would regroup a bit and hold. Now i see it falling sub 200's again and wallowing a bit before another run as the interims are anounced next month.

Soldato
You may get your wish!

I shorted them when it hit 1310 thinking it'd hit the normal pattern of dropping off again the next day but it's just kept on going.

I took my losses at 1330 and went long so more or less made my money back now. Just wondering whether to keep it open or not. Easyjet tends to have quite big jumps on opening each day which could go either way.

Back
Top Bottom