Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
I was wrong on the EZJ trade after all. Next time I post a chart because now Im not sure why I thought not to buy especially
Not sure how far it goes now look next week but thats a solid bounce off a long term strong price.
Similarly IAG at 270 would be nice if it happened

Was right on QPP though, just a flash in the pan and not enough volume so it stalls (people naturally take profits) but looks fine over long term I still reckon. Not a buy this week probably

I bought BP and I had a buy at 500 and of course it doesnt clear
[companies which can finance long term at a rate below their dividend, then do a buy back are giving QE style gains to shareholders. Nice money plus BP should do ok well enough but gov subsidy is ok by me :p]

Soldato
That looks retrospective.

http://www.bp.com/en/global/corporate/investors.html
They almost always time div to go with results which are 29th July. Im not really saying buy for the div, just if it did go higher that would be the icing on the cake
seeking alpha said:
BP says new sanctions on Russia appear to target access to markets • 7:48 AM

* BP downplays any ill effects it may suffer from the latest sanctions on Russia, but shares are -2.1% premarket.
* BP says on first impression, the sanctions appear to focus on restricting access of sanctioned entities to U.S. medium and long-term debt and equity capital markets.
* BP has a stake of just under 20% in Russia's state-controlled oil major Rosneft (OTC:RNFTF), generates 25% of its oil output from Russian oil fields, and is one of the biggest buyers of Russian oil.

http://www.fool.co.uk/investing/2014/07/16/how-quindell-plc-could-disappoint-investors/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...ip-Quindell-a-sell-as-it-goes-for-growth.html

QPP Cashflow concerns valid alledgely but still its not the end of world scenario. Its on 3x forecast earnings which to me seems to already include the doubts

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2317485-intels-costly-war-on-arm
Intel rises nearly 10% That is like an oil tanker pulling a wheelie :p I should have taken off my limit, now I sold all

Last edited:
Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Does anyone do regular trading with a CFD platform like Plus500? Have been using their demo account for short term trading and am making an alright amount (22% return on initial funds in 2 weeks) so surely it can't be this simple? I'm aware with CFDs there's the potential to lose more than your initial investment, plus it's always different when it's your own money instead of the demo cash. Am I missing something painfully obvious?

Soldato
I looked briefly at CFD's, mostly comparing to spreadbets.

The upside seemed to be that you get the market price, not with a provider's margin on top, but the big downside was that profits are liable for CGT whereas spreadbet ones aren't. Didn't seem worth the bother - but I'm interested in seeing other answers from the more experienced.

Associate
QPP.

What's the general non-bias consensus about them?

I honestly just don't understand how the share price hasn't recovered and how it still looks cheap to me, I'm down 5.5k and it's driving me mental.

Soldato
Bit late, but generally i like QPP as a company. I think they'll do well and whilst if you read any forums about them everyone is claiming its a big conspiracy by shorters to keep it low i'm not sure i buy that.

I think it's either going to go 2 ways. If they start pulling in cash and backing up their forecasts over Q3 and Q4 then i think it'll rocket. Otherwise i think it'll continue to wallow around the current mark which as you say is potentially ridiculously cheap.

On a completely seperate note. Given that when a company goes Ex-Div the share price generally drops to the value of the share. On some fairly big companies such as the big energy companies. Has anyone tried shorting a share the day before it goes ex-div at a pretty high price per point. Let it drop by the value of the share (could be quite a few points on the big £20-£30 shares) and then close? In theory it sounds like a great plan but i imagine if that was the case i'd have read about it!

Soldato
Law of arbitrage I think that is. If it can be profited on easily & obviously, thats its fair assume its already done. Or people are scared of risks involved

Shorted share I think means you owe the dividend to the original owner. So you become the payer. and its 100% where as owning the same share is 90% or 80% of the div due to taxes

I agree on QPP but its not cheap just nobody knows if its a valid business risk exactly. The premise seems fine, but are they leaning on damage claims too much ? I was hoping it was more about technology development
The share itself can catch a bid

Kaz been doing good but copper not rising. FXPO a ukrainian iron ore pellets firm made a good base on friday, its not in the east but 5pe is on the mark. 145 to beat
I swapped some BP for RMG, surely its easier money

shorts - http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/a53fa618-141c-11e4-b46f-00144feabdc0.html?siteedition=uk#axzz38RrL93La

Last edited:
Soldato
That looks retrospective.

http://www.bp.com/en/global/corporate/investors.html
They almost always time div to go with results which are 29th July. Im not really saying buy for the div, just if it did go higher that would be the icing on the cake

For all of BP's problems it probably still makes one of the best retirement shares to have on FTSE 100 due to the dividends it pays.

I've had shares in BP for a good few years now and I've had a couple of nice holidays for me and the other half from the dividends only.

Associate
Blimey ! Hadn't looked at RMG since I sold mine off - the allocation was too small to bother tracking them. They were over 6 quid at one point - I sold at £5.87. Luck rather than judgement on that one.

Sold mine ages ago. However, Woodford still likes them and have bought shares in RMG, which means I own them again!

Soldato
At 400 I think RMG is fine. The FTSE has come down some, it might continue some more.
That is also normal, ok in the big scheme of things. I sold my tracker a while back so adding RMG seems fine to me, nothing drastically incorrect or wrong. This does show the IPO fuss as silly

Last autumn I didnt sell RMG (some) till 480 and of course it kept going but now I think 400 is fine to consider it even if unpopular.
Woodford could always change his mind of course, he used to own Tesco also and went against Buffet who said they were a buy after a bad xmas but they fallen more since. I think tesco could recover some but sell was right back then.

QPP is far more challenging and unknown as to its fundamentals (exactly). It makes GENL seem a sensible buy with its expanding business in possibly war torn Kurdistan. I watched a long interview with Kurd PM and he seems moderate sensible fellow, even Malaki wants him to stay strong now apparently. ISIS is really that organised to advance into solid defences? would be surprising for them to beat the Kurds as Kurds have been fighting to have that homeland since ww2, they wont be walking away so easy

PFC is another possible buy, long term strong with a lower price and i think its 4% div now (sept upcoming)
BP paid its div today but it was better to buy now, still I agree its a decent hold and I'll buy at 450 if possible. If oil price goes down so does your petrol cost, its a hedge :p

Soldato
QPP.

What's the general non-bias consensus about them?

I honestly just don't understand how the share price hasn't recovered and how it still looks cheap to me, I'm down 5.5k and it's driving me mental.

21st August will be the turning/tipping point I think. In the same boat as you but not quite to the same extent.

I think ultimately it's important to remember the key fundamentals that nothing has really changed since the Gotham report, just lots of ramping/deramping, speculation and confused PI's. The latest batch of which caused by the FT article RE the RAC contract which is again, until either party updates us on, just speculation.

Edit:

RNS Number : 4227O

Quindell PLC

06 August 2014

For immediate release

Quindell Plc

("Quindell", the "Company" or the "Group")

Trading Update

Quindell Plc (AIM: QPP.L), a leading provider of software, consultancy and technology enabled outsourcing in its key markets, being Insurance, Telecommunications and their related sectors is pleased to provide a trading update ahead of Quindell's interim results for the six months to 30 June 2014 being announced on 21 August 2014.

Trading Update

-- The Board reports that the Group has met all its key performance indicators for July (cash conversion, adjusted EBITDA and adjusted EPS)

-- Services margins remain particularly strong and continue to track ahead of plan

-- Global Connected Car initiatives across the Group have reached record levels with over 600,000 connections supported to date (including c. 200,000 phone-based app downloads)

-- All core business relationships remain strong
-- A number of major new initiatives are being planned with new and existing clients for H2 2014

Cash Performance

-- Operating cash flow has turned positive in July
-- Group net funds increased in July
-- Prior cash guidance and confidence in market expectations for 2014 and beyond re-affirmed
-- Focus remains on cash over growth as previously stated

-- Certain contracts being restructured to ensure the optimum return on cash resources but both profit and cash guidance are not dependent on any upside from these initiatives

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks flat to postive above 0.3 and its had a solid rise this year. solo is scary name in my memory, cant remember why but typical rocky oil no doubt
RKH I think looks forgotten and positive, I'd rather side with PMO in the main

spjWBj3.png
QPP is still a popular pick for a recovery apparently. I'd feel better if people had given up trying, maybe next month
Long list of small investor charts here - http://www.stockchallenge.co.uk/charts.php?challenge=1408

QPP comes back in usa open bounce. I have a knack for picking the cliff edge to which it bounces upto but does not climb above :o 170 to beat

Back
Top Bottom