Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Corsair went public today.
Also anyone see SPI made a little getting in and out but looks proper dodgy up over 3000% :eek:

Corsair didn't look good on paper. As a consumer I love them, as an investor I'm not so sure. OriginPC acquisition was a weird one and they seemed to have seriously overpaid for that business. I expect it to go down in the coming months, might look again at them. Maybe I'm just too sceptical of the brands whose products I love when it comes to investing, as my love for the product can cloud my judgement.

Soldato
Anyone that predicted or called SPI - that's just crazy.

All they said is "We are going to make EV stuff" ...that's it. Absolutely bonkers.

PS. I wouldn't have minded having £10 in it though :D

Soldato
Never thought of EZJ, too high risk of them folding imho, I tend to look at things that are low at the mo, due to The Rona, but are too large to fold, hopefully..

RR.
IAG
AML

Also looking at Greatland Gold..

Soldato
I'm quite new to this and very much in research phase. I've been watching TUI and CINE over the last few months. TUI I feel will be ok in the long term as they have good scale. Share price was as high as 1090 and now has fallen to 265 this week. Its yoyo'd a bit in the last few month getting as high as 380ish when it looked like travel was getting moving again. It might be a while before its over 500 again but I think it might be worth a punt.
CINE has a great market position but its also got a load of debt and there was a rumour that one of the studios might buy it - at 43p today having lost 10% due to to announcing a big loss due to COVID. It might have to raise more capital so its got some risk but hard to see it not surviving/being bought out. Danger is that the debt becomes unserviceable and suitors wait for an insolvency. The half year accounts have quite a few warning signs so its a brave punt

Last edited:
Soldato
Been wondering about this for a while, Always been curious.

Has anyone here actually had a go on one of those Trading online platforms which use unique trading algorithms?..seen so many news articles, FB posts, etc claiming they've made a lot of money in virtually little time with hardly any effort.

You put down an initial payment into your account then you potentially make (or loose)money but its all automated?

I'm very skeptical tbh.

Is it too good to be true? What's your experience?

Soldato

Has anyone here actually had a go on one of those Trading online platforms which use unique trading algorithms?..seen so many news articles, FB posts, etc claiming they've made a lot of money in virtually little time with hardly any effort.

You put down an initial payment into your account then you potentially make (or loose)money but its all automated?

I'm very skeptical tbh.

Answered your own question....If it was that easy - wouldn't everyone be doing it?

Stay well clear. Another "get rich" quick scheme......

Soldato
Answered your own question....If it was that easy - wouldn't everyone be doing it?

Stay well clear. Another "get rich" quick scheme......
well the way i put it yes, Although I'm sure there has been people that have made quite a lot of money on the trading platforms, I've not really read into it, Which is why i was asking if anyone here have actually made any money from these things,I'm not talking stupid money like life-changing, But small profits..which over time do add up of course. :)

Soldato
well the way i put it yes, Although I'm sure there has been people that have made quite a lot of money on the trading platforms, I've not really read into it, Which is why i was asking if anyone here have actually made any money from these things,I'm not talking stupid money like life-changing, But small profits..which over time do add up of course. :)
Just use a S&S ISA and stick it in a reasonably low risk fund and it'll give you those small incremental gains over time.

No magic, no jazz.

Soldato

I'm very skeptical tbh.

Most of my money is in mutual funds and ETFs. I only trade a small amount in individual stocks, I wouldn't lose any sleep if I lost all of it. Just invest in a well-diversified portfolio and over a long time, you'll be ahead. No crazy gains, just 8-10% per year.

Soldato

I'm very skeptical tbh.

Aren't things like that just looking for arbitrage and trends and buying/selling based on that? I doubt the algorithm knows where to go to read company reports and analyse the language in them and things like that.

OcUK Staff
BOOHOO came good, think they shall go up more but profit is profit so I took it as it was several grand, also did well yesterday on NEX, good week so far.

Will look to get back into BOOHOO so have taken a risk exiting but think profit taking and some negative news spins will hopefully pull it down to around 350 for me to get back in and then hopefully next week 400 plus on results.

Soldato
There are some companies, negative news or not, that will always get profit, Boohoo is a good example of this, people will always want stuff for cheap regardless of it coming from sweatshops.

OcUK Staff
There are some companies, negative news or not, that will always get profit, Boohoo is a good example of this, people will always want stuff for cheap regardless of it coming from sweatshops.

Indeed easy money today, out at 380 with handsome profits, back in at 355, now to hold or day trade it a little but can see it easily 400 plus next week especially if it holds above 355 today.

Caporegime
Neither Alex Cruz (BA CEO), Luis Gallego (IAG CEO) nor Javier Sanchez-Prieto (Iberia CEO) purchased their full allocation in the IAG rights issue.

Confidence boosting.

Soldato

I'm very skeptical tbh.

If any of this were true then you wouldn’t have quants working at hedge funds on 7 figure salaries

Soldato
Neither Alex Cruz (BA CEO), Luis Gallego (IAG CEO) nor Javier Sanchez-Prieto (Iberia CEO) purchased their full allocation in the IAG rights issue.

Confidence boosting.

I just rounded mine up to the nearest 100, be interesting to see what happens with RR. as they are also on about going down a similar route as I understand..

Caporegime
Although I'm sure there has been people that have made quite a lot of money on the trading platforms, I've not really read into it, Which is why i was asking if anyone here have actually made any money from these things

What makes you sure then?

Just think about it for a moment - you have this amazing way of making money from the markets do you - use it to make money... or do you advertise on facebook for random chumps with small accounts to use your method instead... If the latter then why? Why would you do that if you had a genuine system exploiting a real edge?

Soldato

Confidence boosting.

Not sure this impacts confidence.

They likely got / get large amount of shares for free or part of bonuses. You can't bring down your average share holding price if they're already so low :D

Back
Top Bottom