Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Associate
Never thought of EZJ, too high risk of them folding imho, I tend to look at things that are low at the mo, due to The Rona, but are too large to fold, hopefully..

RR.
IAG
AML

Also looking at Greatland Gold..

I like your choice. I have a position in GGP, and have been looking at RR and IAG, but their burn rates rather high and cash levels too low for my liking.

Soldato
I am waiting for a correction in the markets, will then load up and go long on most indices and shares, markets are way overvalued, cant believe there up so high, with what has been going on in the last 6 months, even before corvid, the markets were way overvalued, my opinion thou, no advice given, good luck thou everyone, but for anyone investing for long term like 5 10 years etc, it usually all comes good.

Just be careful guys.

During this pandemic, GDP has fallen while stocks (and market cap) have risen, creating the highest level of overvaluation since the ratio began in January 1971. This is another way of saying that stocks are extremely overbought.

A stunning 84% of Fortune 500 CFOs say the US stock market is overvalued.

Soldato
I'm at the point with all of my shares where I could afford to lose any of it, and not care, as I pulled my crypto last year and put it into shares.

I'm happy to bang funds anywhere with decent reason.

Soldato
I am waiting for a correction in the markets, will then load up and go long on most indices and shares, markets are way overvalued, cant believe there up so high, with what has been going on in the last 6 months, even before corvid, the markets were way overvalued, my opinion thou, no advice given, good luck thou everyone, but for anyone investing for long term like 5 10 years etc, it usually all comes good.

Just be careful guys.

During this pandemic, GDP has fallen while stocks (and market cap) have risen, creating the highest level of overvaluation since the ratio began in January 1971. This is another way of saying that stocks are extremely overbought.

People will label you a doom sayer......

But you're not wrong in your assertion

OcUK Staff
BOOHOO cannot wait for results Wednesday, fingers crossed get some further good returns.
NEX doing exceptionally well for me.
Also my punt in Corsair Gaming is doing well, seems to be getting popular and thus moving up.

Soldato
EZY at 495p. Lowest since 2012.

I'm not buying at this rate, maybe will if it drops further. But very closely monitoring.

@413x I recall you were interested in EZY, not sure if you bought when it was higher or not.

Soldato

Just be careful guys.

I don't disagree with your assessment, I'm just at a loss as to what, if anything, will cause a correction.

Are we going to see a Lehman Brothers-style event that results in a mass sell-off, or will there be a gradual slide as more and more companies start posting lower-than-expected results?

Will we see the FTSE100 hit a floor in the high 3,000s/low 4,000s like in 2008, or was the low 5,000 mark at the end of March as low as it will go?

Rhetorical questions obviously but it has me thinking.

Soldato
Well, i reckon, if a second corvid full country lockdown does come, that will definitely drop the market, that goes without saying i would have thought, but i think something along the lines of a Lehman Brothers-style event as well, but i been thinking like this for the last 2 or 3 years, after a 10 year bull market since 2008 crash, and looked what happened, all time highs on all indices, so what do i know, like i said before, if your trading for the long term, it usually always rewards you.

Soldato
We will see a second wave but I don't think that the govt. will do a full country lockdown, even though they should, it'd kill many businesses and the country would be a right mess so they'll do smaller regional ones and try and keep as much of the country running as possible..

Soldato
Yeh like you said, the last thing the goverment wants to do is a full lockdown, because that will be a nail in the coffin for a lot of companys, and thats why if it did happen, would be 100% crash on the markets, and they know that.

Caporegime
EZY at 495p. Lowest since 2012.

I'm not buying at this rate, maybe will if it drops further. But very closely monitoring.

@413x I recall you were interested in EZY, not sure if you bought when it was higher or not.

I bought a bit higher. Tempted to top up actually
Luckily I didn't buy too many.

I'm also closely monitoring. Soon as this wave shows signs of relenting I'm going in.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone else holding EUA at the moment? Was lucky enough to buy a fairly decent chunk <1p a few years ago and have held since in my SIPP. Hoping for a sale but really not sure if thats going to happen or not. Holding GGP and MVR and am prob going to buy up some BT below the £ mark and sell for a 10-15% when it swings back up again

Associate
I'm still watching LGEN,MONY, MATCH and SPCE. Annoyingly all are up in recent days. Rather fancied SPCE near the $15 mark :(

Bought some LGEN at 180 felt like the bottom, value play based on the dividend yield and the limited covid impact.

Not massively surprised by BOO today, it was us nearly 30% so a lot of the news priced in. But growth potential is huge IMO, long term hold for me.

Soldato
Quick noob question if I may as I'm relatively new to this stuff

I've had some cash in a few funds via HL since the start of the year. One of them just passed the date where it said dividends would be issued and I had chosen the accumulation version rather than income - so I was expecting to simply see my units of the fund increase very slightly (right?)

Instead, on the exact date of the dividend there is an entry in the timeline which shows a negative cash amount and is listed as "Corporate Action"... and in my overview screen the column for that fund that normally tells me how much I have invested has decreased by that amount. So was that the dividend? It doesn't feel like it would be but I'm not really sure what I should have been expecting

Fund was just Vanguard's FTSE 100 Index one if anybody else has that and can maybe check 30th Sept for it...

Soldato
Quick noob question if I may as I'm relatively new to this stuff

I've had some cash in a few funds via HL since the start of the year. One of them just passed the date where it said dividends would be issued and I had chosen the accumulation version rather than income - so I was expecting to simply see my units of the fund increase very slightly (right?)

Instead, on the exact date of the dividend there is an entry in the timeline which shows a negative cash amount and is listed as "Corporate Action"... and in my overview screen the column for that fund that normally tells me how much I have invested has decreased by that amount. So was that the dividend? It doesn't feel like it would be but I'm not really sure what I should have been expecting

Fund was just Vanguard's FTSE 100 Index one if anybody else has that and can maybe check 30th Sept for it...

In accumulation funds the dividends are reinvested automatically (the dividend date is only there for tax purposes), you're not issued new shares. The value of your existing shares will be increased.

Corporate action means one of the stocks in that fund has gone through some form of change (issuing new shares, delisting, rights issue, acquisitions and mergers, insolvency, etc) and the adjustment reflects that. You can read more here:
https://research.ftserussell.com/products/downloads/Corporate_Actions_and_Events_Guide.pdf

Back
Top Bottom