Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
It's worse than that. I can shares missing. An extra £3k of available funds, but no notifications on anything being sold or stops kicking in.

A stop failed for me too yesterday on HL and sell limit today.

Trades which processed successfully yesterday failed to register for a few hours as did cash, the offer price was correct though. Services down shortly thereafter.

LSE boards have been down most mornings for the last fortnight or so but a fix is 'almost finished'.

ADVFN has been fine though.

Soldato
Im not a CT at all but I do wonder sometimes that these outages are at the most critical of times.....

Couldn't it just be that these services become busy during these critical times and that puts more strain on them leading to outages?

"These damn supermarkets, they always run out of stuff right when people are trying to panic buy it all"

FMF

FMF

Associate
Couldn't it just be that these services become busy during these critical times and that puts more strain on them leading to outages?

"These damn supermarkets, they always run out of stuff right when people are trying to panic buy it all"

Fair poin. You would think a FTSE 100 company like HL would have sufficient server capacity however.

Soldato

True, but it's not an acceptable answer. These platforms need to be built for these times. There are plenty of tools out there to help them predict/understand user experience, the impact on their infra and make informed decisions.

Caporegime

Not really a valid comparison unfortunately. If a supermarket doesn't have stuff, you simply go elsewhere. With companies like this, they already have your money and your shares leaving you with no other options.

It's a paid service, an oopsie now and then is acceptable and workable but the extent at which these companies screw up is unacceptable.

Soldato
To be clear - I wasn't defending the fact that they have outages; it is unacceptable and they should ensure they have the capacity to handle surges in usage. I was merely pointing out that the outages are better explained by said surge in activity than by some sort of conspiracy theory (e.g. they have a button they can push to cripple the service whilst they inside-trade or whatnot)

Back
Top Bottom