Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

nam

nam

Soldato
Anyone else with H&L , i tried to place NIO today and was told i needed a SIPP can't place in my ISA. The other was for SKIN which i was told can't be done without speaking to Traders first. Double Fail :(

nam

nam

Soldato
Anyone else with H&L , i tried to place NIO today and was told i needed a SIPP can't place in my ISA. The other was for SKIN which i was told can't be done without speaking to Traders first. Double Fail :(
but only save was too have doubled down on on MRNA

Soldato
I was watching NIO, LI and XPEV, should have stuck a bit on, that would have paid today...
Also been watching RMS, nearly bought the other day at 2.1, probably should have done that seeing its hit 4.2 today...

Soldato
Trig, tell us now - what are you looking at? :p

Alpha release of some software for work, oh wait, that's not what you meant ;)

I'm into the following.
UFO
AML
GGP
IAG
RR

On top of that lot I am watching
Capita, Centrica, FirstGroup, Hyve, Amur Minerals, Li Auto, NIO, XPEV, Amigo Holdings, BAE Systems, RMS.

Soldato
Up on my Lloyds holding now, 8% overall, and 10% up on my Whitebread hold. Down on AA because I missed the boat and - like everyone else - my orders were not loving life at all! Still longer term hold as per the rest anyway so not concerned.

sid

sid

Soldato
Where do you do your research ? Does anyone pay for stock picking websites like motley fool, zacks , seeking alpha ?

Its hard to get in before everyone else does

OcUK Staff
I put £1000 in Li Auto yesterday at $30 and sold today at $40 but totally kicking myself that I did not put a lot more in. Just felt it had built up before results so felt it was risky, if only we had a crystal ball.

Watched NIO drop and decided to get back in for next weeks earning report.

Associate
It was my first day of "trading" and I only used $1000 to toy with. It felt really horrible when anything I touched was turning red immediately. I then had an idea that I'm gonna buy a hyped stock that's clearly going up, and at least get a few % out of it and sell. And I went without looking and bought Li Auto for something like $42(I was late to the party), you know how that ended.

I'm down 5% in one day so far, I'm not worried about the loss, but I nearly think trading is not my thing. I wanna try one more strategy, to find a stock that's been rising for say 3 weeks in a row, I'd then buy it and hold for an extra week, possibly get juicy several % out of it, as chances are it'll keep climbing. And there clearly are stocks like that, these electric cars stocks for example.

Any advice on how to compile a list to include as many companies as possible to look at their performance for required period?

ntg

ntg

Associate
"Nio plummets" is the caption on T212. It's interesting given that it is in the run up to its results on the 17th. It dropped 8% after it's last loss even though it beat expectations.

Citron released their 'research' saying it's only worth $25 in what appears to be blatant manipulation (depending on what side you are on). Since Citron is known for shorting Chinese frauds (and sometimes manipulating stocks..again depending on your view), as soon as people saw the headline they started shorting it. The wave took over XPEV and LI as well.

It will be interesting to see if it will recover on Monday and continue the rally.

Back
Top Bottom