Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Caporegime
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-55662657

Tesla has been asked to recall 158,000 Model S and Model X vehicles over an issue with failing touchscreens, which could increase the risk of crashes.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration sent Tesla a formal letter requesting the recall.
It has until 27 January to respond.
The cars in question - Model S sedans built between 2012 and 2018 as well as Model X SUVs from 2016 to 2018 - are fitted with a Nvidia Tegra 3 processor with an integrated flash memory device.
Part of the storage is used every time the vehicle is started.
And when capacity is reached, the MCU will fail.
All MCUs fitted with this chip will eventually stop working, with most having a lifespan of 10 years.
The NHTSA opened an investigation into the vehicles in June, considering information provided by Tesla and consumers.
Included in it were complaints Tesla required owners to pay to replace the units once warranties expired.
RIP tesla monday opening?

Soldato

As above, this was announced on Friday during trading hours.

In any case, it's a total non-story. Tesla have "known" about the "issue" for, well, as long as they've been making cars. Memory cards wear out, shocker. But that's why it doesn't affect any Model 3s or cars made after 2018. Plenty of people on Tesla forums have had them replaced out of choice, or moaned hard enough to get them done for free.

And by "recall", they mean the part needs replacing, not like you have to post your car back to California. Hell, we've had like 6 safety recalls for our Mercedes Vito over 5 years. One was because the steering wheel bearing was faulty and could break at any point...

Tesla will just be forced to start replacing them for free.

Hopefully it causes the likes of Nio to plummet too and gives me a good buy in price!

Why do you think that'll happen?

Soldato
Why arent they able to test everyone who goes on a plane, seems like travel between countries is a major disruption to any system of control. Testing is going to be an issue past this year even I think, maybe back ongoing demand for that system rather then airline recovery

BP taking a big dive right now btw possibly a good time to buy in once it bottoms out, for those wanting to hold long term

long term, thats why they should pay a dividend because its a game of patience. The question is can they afford it etc. Its quite correct for BP to sell in this area, profit taking is where I'd guess for it to occur. 270p buy is a guess to trade on

Last edited:
Caporegime
48 he for a covid test turn around on PCR. Onus is on the passenger to do it before they fly and not too soon.
Eg russia you need a negative pcr 72h or less before flying.

then at the airport they check every single passenger

Soldato
Best to talk this through with an IFA so they can give you a full picture. HL is actually ok imo but they arent the best in percentage costs which for anyone approaching the last section of saving in a pension is going to amount to a lot of money paid unnecessarily. I presume this is why HL have been such an amazing share, wish I had caught onto that.

They discuss this stuff on moneysavingexpert also. We used to have an amazing thread there in 2008 era, one of the posters was a lady who just took over her husbands pension somehow she had a knack for swing trading like 100k deals because he was close to retirement. The mods shut the thread down eventually as it ranged over years like this one and the OP was absent so lost track of great people like that :( but they'll discuss various providers costs etc.

SLP is single figures price to earnings ? does indeed look bonkers, return to 2008 prices depending on the share base. 65, 50, 40p would be nice to fall back on if dollar ever regains some of its losses
I'll follow it on seeking alpha maybe learn something, good website

https://seekingalpha.com/news/36520...k-3&utm_medium=email&utm_source=seeking_alpha

Last edited:
Soldato
SIPP providers are horses for courses.

I generally use Standard Life WRAP, Elevate, AJ Bell (then Royal London Pension for smaller straightforward cases) for clients depending on their needs/trading/holding/ages/features/drawdown etc. So many to choose from, each with their own slight differences depending on what you plan to do with the money.

https://moneyweek.com/personal-finance/savings/isas/stocks-and-shares-isas

Caporegime
A few here were talking about Hyve - but the chatter seems to have died down. Do we think Hyve will survive? If so, a good shout to go into?
I don't hold any but I doubt they are going to go under.
the latest presentation says

• Rights issue in May 2020 raised £126.6m fully taken up by shareholders
  • ›£250m debt facility provides additional liquidity
  • ›Covenant waivers up to and including March 2022
  • ›Temporary suspension of dividend
  • ›Insurance proceeds of £47m for FY20 shows and continued dialogue with insurers over cancelled or postponed events in both FY20 and FY21

I think HYVE is still a long way from seeing any real share price movement personally

Soldato
I don't hold any but I doubt they are going to go under.
the latest presentation says

• Rights issue in May 2020 raised £126.6m fully taken up by shareholders
  • ›£250m debt facility provides additional liquidity
  • ›Covenant waivers up to and including March 2022
  • ›Temporary suspension of dividend
  • ›Insurance proceeds of £47m for FY20 shows and continued dialogue with insurers over cancelled or postponed events in both FY20 and FY21

I think HYVE is still a long way from seeing any real share price movement personally

I agree they are a long way from from share price movement, was just concerned then may go bust - so thanks for the info. I wnt into Hyve on the recommendations from here.

Back
Top Bottom