Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
So we just saw T212 come back online, people sell and now the buying has started I think we have seen our list big drop until Friday.

Providing my theory is correct we saw a drop to 302ish and now it's rising beyond 320. We could see potentially more people put money in and see this rise to around 400 again tonight before EOD

Completely let down by T212 today, yet again. I know they need to protect themselves and what-not but they failed miserably and won’t admit any fault or offer anything to those who lost out because they couldn’t cope with demand, on what they knew was one of the busiest trading days of the year.
Yes totally let down. One of my buys today was 288 when I had been trying at 259 to 270 for ages.

This purchase order I put in when another stock was 12 and it froze and then gave it to me at 14, but the stock has never shown to be as high as 14 is driven me nuts as its the only one stock I have that's down by 800 at the moment. No idea how this happened on T212 that you can put an order through at one price, it all freezes up, then completes at a higher price and then the stock is instantly the value of the price you put your order in at.

Soldato
Yes totally let down. One of my buys today was 288 when I had been trying at 259 to 270 for ages.

This purchase order I put in when another stock was 12 and it froze and then gave it to me at 14, but the stock has never shown to be as high as 14 is driven me nuts as its the only one stock I have that's down by 800 at the moment. No idea how this happened on T212 that you can put an order through at one price, it all freezes up, then completes at a higher price and then the stock is instantly the value of the price you put your order in at.

If you're buying at Market price, that can happen, if you want to buy at a set price, set a limit order but of course 212 is crap in that you can only buy whole shares for limits as they only allow fractional for market buys at the moment

Caporegime
I was scalping nok then got trapped at 7.7 :D

guess I diamond hands, not a large sum of money though only double figure shares

lol can't even buy anymore shares to average down even if I try market rate

Last edited:
If you're buying at Market price, that can happen, if you want to buy at a set price, set a limit order but of course 212 is crap in that you can only buy whole shares for limits as they only allow fractional for market buys at the moment
Yes lesson learned, but it doesn't make sense when 212 show 1 price, put an order through and then give you it at a higher price not shown and it never seems to ever reach

Caporegime
Yes lesson learned, but it doesn't make sense when 212 show 1 price, put an order through and then give you it at a higher price not shown and it never seems to ever reach
212 doesnt set prices it's just an exchange.

Price is determined by the lowest ASK and the highest BID
when the price matches a transaction takes place.
212 is just basically showing the price it lasted traded at maybe with a small delay

you can nearly always look the spread say it's buy 1.05 sell 1.0 you can probably put a limit at 1.04 or 1.03 and watch it fill instantly.

you don't have to pay 1.05 just because someone else did

Soldato

Hopefully it wasn't too expensive a lesson, it can be deceiving for sure, they should really put a disclaimer underneath for market buying and selling, especially with so many new people coming to the game

Associate
Well this random trend has properly tested lots of trading accounts.

Fidelity
Interactive Broker
Revolut
Robin Hood
Trading212

Probably several others with 'temporary' outage.

Surely a sign that things are not 'normal' and to steer clear.

Soldato
APPL up $111bn in Q1 and sales up 21% on the year. I'd call that absolutely smashing it.

Stock will be depressed though likely due to all the other activity in the market.

TSLA beat revenue estimates posting $10.7bn but missed earnings. Down -4% in after market.

Last edited:
Soldato
Trading212 taking an absolute hammering on Twitter. No excuse for it tbh, it's just plain incompetence. I don't use them atm but after seeing how unreliable they are today I won't be. That's for sure.

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=Trading212&src=typed_query&f=live
I dunno man, this is pretty unprecedented. I'm even giving Virgin Media benefit of the doubt for not having appropriate capacity on their network... ya know, not predicting this whole global pandemic/lockdown sitchy.

Even Reddit admins are issuing guidance to WSB to split threads up quicker than they are, lol.

Back
Top Bottom