Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
It's absolutely criminal that the brokers (212/Robin Hood) simply banned people from buying shares therefore forcing the price to crash. How can that be allowed?

H&L haven't allowed me to even sell GME all day.

I'm playing with money I can afford to lose.

I wouldn't be upset if I had mistimed it and lost money, i'm upset that I haven't been allowed to sell a stock I own and have lost money.

Associate
It's absolutely criminal that the brokers (212/Robin Hood) simply banned people from buying shares therefore forcing the price to crash. How can that be allowed?

Because the big boys at the top have the money to throw at things like this and us peasants just have to put up with it.
I wouldn't be surprised if the current (failing) DDOS against reddit was orchestrated by shorters.

Caporegime
This could have big ramifications. I mean if brokers can basically force your hand. That's market manipulation.

I'd love to think there could be some revolt against this. Because this is big rich corps basically being able to blatantly control everything

Associate
That is market manipulation. When have they ever done that before?
These companies all have their own micro-pool that you buy from, it's not the ocean that is the real NASDAQ, NYSE but a smaller entity that echoes the stock prices of the real markets.
As such their real clients are the companies that monitor the behaviour of you and I and make rapid, micro purchases/sales every second.
This is why the fees are low/free. You're not the real customer, big corps are.

Caporegime
This could have big ramifications. I mean if brokers can basically force your hand. That's market manipulation.

I'd love to think there could be some revolt against this. Because this is big rich corps basically being able to blatantly control everything

Big ******* shock... not.

Associate

I hope but it's unlikely. If anything laws will be introduced to limit small traders like us from having as many freedoms. All blame will go to WSB for rocketing and not the corps for shorting or the markets for only allowing sales.

Soldato
Are you two sure you understand what is going on? The underlying business isn't too important, just like it wasn't particulaly important when the investment firms shorted the **** out of it.

Tesla missed earnings. Apple on the other hand smashed it.

GME is a unique situation due to the amount of short shares, and the relatively low capitalisation, plus the fact that most shares were locked up to being with.

Yep T212 has been pulling this type of **** all year 2020. I once even saw a $30 on Mcdonalds, probably the most stable share you coudl get.

I'm with IG and HL, but temped to give Freetrade.io a go. Been looking for feedback on it.

Yep, know exactly what is going on. I'll be investing still while most will be crying over their losses gambling on this stuff :D, vowing to never touch stonks again probably, and some trying to sue the likes of Robinhood etc :p. . It's been a multi-year side career for me. But dont take all comments so seriously :).

Right now GME is unwinding all the way back down again. Gap filled. Volumes low :D. Predictable

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom