1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mcast123, 2 Apr 2009.

1. 413x

Capodecina

Every previous peak has been 'beaten' to date.

The previous hype took it to 20k gbp. This peak 30k gbp.

2. Sharkhouse

Gangster

I burned out of crypto a long time ago. FOMO and greed made me play stupid but now i'm wiser I don't play at all. I'm more interested in not losing than winning now.

3. 413x

Capodecina

It's pump and dump but people should be allowed to lose. Depends on their ts&cs I guess. If its execution only should they be 'protecting customers'

4. Casdawer

Mobster

I put a stop on my GME at $200 to protect myself which would at least see some profit and T212 did not execute until it was $122.63 so I've pretty much made **** all over the past 2 weeks

AMC is down so I'm currently at a loss of £169 because of these brokers stopping new BUY orders. Will keep that and see what happens there.

I am beyond livid as I was planning on selling at $500 so I could do some work on the house but T212 and other brokers put a stop to that.

Unbelievable.

5. booyaka

Capodecina

Just pure blind faith - backed up with 2 days worth of "trading" experience - just look at the comments below from WSB
    • Sweet discount! Just got my first 4 shares @ $203, looking forward to the start of the squeeze tomorrow
    • Holding. When I said hold till $1000 or zero I meant it
    • Here come the short covers.
    • Do not sell! Do yall not understand how a squeeze works? Even at this price we still have the advantage!!!
    • Just because nobody offers to buy my house doesn’t mean it’s worth 0 dollars. As soon as people return to the market the price will go up. What you’re seeing is a fake price.

6. Sharkhouse

Gangster

I was 15 and way too stupid to notice this happening. What's the context with VW?

7. 413x

Capodecina

Last significant win was on celo coin. Bought in, waited for the pump. Sold at 30 percent, it went further but didn't go in again.
    Cashed out. Now picked another coin I think is due to moon.

Time will tell! :D

8. Minusorange

Soldato

Like I said earlier, a lot of people getting their eyes opened to how rigged it is, this could be the start of something else

9. 413x

Capodecina

Even in here I was being told I didn't understand the situation.

10. Gaygle

Capodecina

From what I understand, this stop on buying is on Citadel.

I read that something like 40% of the trades on the US market are routed through Citadel, and they own Robinhood. They also just had to invest $3billion into Melvin to bail them out of this whole debacle.

In other words, people using a platform *owned* by Citadel, are responsible for Melvin being pummelled, which was then causing Citadel to have to invest billions into them to stop the bleeding. It's hardly a surprise they used their position to put the stoppers on Robinhood. If they let it go any further, they were going to cost themselves billions more.

11. Sharkhouse

Gangster

Isn't that the BITCONNECT guy coming back for another beating?

12. Kenai

Capodecina

For those in the know - are there are any decent virtual trading/investing platforms that the extremely risk averse amongst us could have a play around with for a month or two to get a feel for things?

Or would you be better off diving into live accounts but just messing about with disposable pub money to start with?

13. Sharkhouse

Gangster

and there's the connection that makes it all make sense.

14. 413x

Capodecina

I believe this was the post

15. GravyMonster

Capodecina

Here comes the bounce... /s

16. Ahleckz

Capodecina

I've sold, but the shares are still showing in my account and I haven't received notification that I've sold. When I click 'sell' again it tells me I have to buy it first.

I have no idea if I'm in or out!

lol
    Worth reading, it was similar but different. End result the same, huge ramp up and then a rapid decrease. VW were the most valuable company in the world at 1 point.

https://www.ft.com/content/0a58b63a-4294-3e07-8390-c3aabef39a26

17. Martynt74

Capodecina

Trading 212 let you play with free money before loading real money in :)

18. 413x

Capodecina

19. Irish_Tom

Capodecina

If the platforms have stopped retail investors from buying, then who's buying up all the shares they're allowing them to sell?

I assume it's the institutions but you'd have to question why they'd be buying right now.

20. englishpremier

Sgarrista

Fair play. Probably longer than me It was just the comment earlier didn't mention anything on the short squeeze.

Back over $200 now. Going to be fun watching it play out and all the repercussions over the next few weeks.