Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Really ?

9iP7n5w.jpg

Look at the volume difference between when retail was allowed to trade and when they were effectively banned, you're saying that interest has suddenly vanished now over the weekend and people are happy to just walk away and let wallstreet win ?

But by all means show us this "certain data" that says it's over :)

GME RV is 1147, GME IVOL is 400. 1147/400=2.85. A 185% risk discount on an overvalued stock with decreasing volume.

Call and Put spread getting bigger as well
nDIcHou.jeg

bUEKEPv.jpeg.png

Soldato
But the volume only decreased because retail were effectively banned from buying, if contracts expired friday, they've got until Tuesday to fulfill, let's see what happens Monday & Tuesday before saying it's all over eh ?

That's their problem, not mine, i just look at what is probable, and it looks over to me. If you lot wanna buy stuff which is not worth anything thats up to you obviously.

Got the data to suggest it isn't over?

Associate
in some respect, is the GME hype now a ponzi scheme (if that's the correct term)? I can see the argument and reasoning why there "could" still be a boom, but if the markets are going to restrict people buying (whether legal/right or not) it surely will prevent the price going to the 000s that some are expecting?

Being cynical, I'm just wondering if all this hype from WSBs etc. is trying to push the already inflated share further up, is just to ensure buyers are still there to grab their shares when they want to pull the plug?

There's a lot of talk about contracts expiring on fri, or next week, but how do we know that?

Soldato
in some respect, is the GME hype now a ponzi scheme (if that's the correct term)? I can see the argument and reasoning why there "could" still be a boom, but if the markets are going to restrict people buying (whether legal/right or not) it surely will prevent the price going to the 000s that some are expecting?

Being cynical, I'm just wondering if all this hype from WSBs etc. is trying to push the already inflated share further up, is just to ensure buyers are still there to grab their shares when they want to pull the plug?

There's a lot of talk about contracts expiring on fri, or next week, but how do we know that?

Yea, course its a ponzi now. Last sucker in & feed the lemmings to the meat grinder type mentality.

I get the sentiment behind whats going on buts its gonna hurt a lot of ordinary people

These are the expiration datas.

AMwa8iP.jpeg.png

Soldato
I'm not talking exact figures as I find it crass but I'm currently on a years wages (net) profit. I should be absolutely delighted with that as I admit to having no idea about this stuff generally and my balls aren't made of crystal like some user's seem to be.
I think I will take out 90% on Monday and leave the rest. That way I made enough to make me happy and the rest can ride the dream.

Soldato
Just read it’s the new fiscal year on Monday which includes GameStop, rumour statement from them tomorrow midnight which may address everything that’s gone on + year end results. Anyone know if any truth in this? Could help with the squeeze next week, or even Monday.

Associate
Yea, course its a ponzi now. Last sucker in & feed the lemmings to the meat grinder type mentality.

I get the sentiment behind whats going on buts its gonna hurt a lot of ordinary people

I have a fundemental disagreement in that the entire stock market is a Ponzi scheme already at this point. Unless share's pay out a dividend or there's a takeover bid the intrinsic value of any stock is close to 0. You're relying on a future buyer to be willing to pay more for a stock than you paid. Take google for example, it doesn't pay a dividend and there's no one in the world capable of paying anywhere close to the market cap. So the only way shareholders have of making their money back is waiting for the next sucker to come along or for it to go into liquidation and it's assets to be distributed amongst shareholders. It has a total asset value of $115/share compared to the $1800 current share price.

A Ponzi scheme is a fraudulent investing scam which generates returns for earlier investors with money taken from later investors. This is similar to a pyramid scheme in that both are based on using new investors' funds to pay the earlier backers

Sounds like the stock market to me. It's like currency, it only has value if we all agree it has that value. GME is imho one of the few stocks that isn't a Ponzi scheme in that at a future date shorters are forced to buy which means if you're an investor it has some value.Whether that is $1k+ next week, or back down at $4 if everyone else sells on monday.

Shorting it now is extremely risky seeing as all previous shorts have lost billions already and completely ignores any form of risk management which got the hedge funds into trouble in the first place. Puts wouldn't be a bad call if you have access to them as you can only lose what you put in.

Soldato

I don't disagree that the p/e of the stock market is very high, we've just come off the back of the longest bull run in history and then a shed load of liquidity by the FED. The idea of a stock market isn't a ponzi/scam though

GME is imho one of the few stocks that isn't a Ponzi scheme in that at a future date shorters are forced to buy which means if you're an investor it has some value.Whether that is $1k+ next week, or back down at $4 if everyone else sells on monday.

That's an odd way to think about it, GME is losing money hand over fist, economics is literally saying you are not good at running a business. That's kinda of the point of profit or debt. The markets way of telling whether you are good at your job

Soldato
Unless share's pay out a dividend or there's a takeover bid the intrinsic value of any stock is close to 0.

This is a misunderstanding, zero dividends is a good thing as it saves you taxes most likely. Every dividend paid out brings the share price down by a similar amount, you dont gain anything net from that payment though it has some use its really not required. Best person to read might be Warren Buffet's annual letter to share holders, he never pays a dividend and he does perfectly honest business straightforward in his risks vs rewards and its profitable for him and you as a share holder.
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/BRK-B?p=BRK-B&.tsrc=fin-srch

Recommended reading would be good idea tbh so some exchange of ideas happens. Ponzi isnt correct either so long as open disclosure is true, which is why Robinhood etc. might have gone too far in bias, not sure on that.
In stocks its legal to start a company with a dollar asset and the share goes upto 10; perhaps because they (the market) like the CEO so long its properly declared to all parties. There are similar dynamics to the hype of a pyramid or whatever. GME justifying this price is quite unlikely but if they had the right CEO I might believe it with drastic moves taken, we are living in the future anything's possible though the obvious is still what I expect.

Trading and investing are not the same, the short squeeze dynamic is maybe closer to poker then investment I posted a good video last page from somebody doing it for decades pay attention to those people imo

Soldato
Buffet is a contradiction, because he is the person saying a company never paying dividends is worth zero, while at the same time, never paying dividends.

While at the same time, being a big fan of dividend paying companies.

He/his firm doesn't even really invest in the market in the sense most people would expect. He mostly buys companies then leverages them to buy more.

Really ?

9iP7n5w.jpg

Look at the volume difference between when retail was allowed to trade and when they were effectively banned, you're saying that interest has suddenly vanished now over the weekend and people are happy to just walk away and let wallstreet win ?

But by all means show us this "certain data" that says it's over :)
My feeling is compare tuesday/Wednesday to now.

Tuesday night especially after Elon tweeted "games tonk" and the endless news about this huge surge in price, there was a lot of new money coming in as everyone was just hearing price going up and dreaming about being part of it.

Now it's about how is it over, have the billionaires broke the rules to win no matter what and the small guy can never beat them, when will they start buying back the stocks, and how many, is this the top?

Fear and worries don't encourage investment.

Add to that, the masses have no doubt invested a good chunk of their money already. 300 is a scary number to buy a share at to rookies, and after Thursday drop I bet there were many that sold making a decent loss and too scared to come back.

There's also a splitting I don't like to see. Nok, bb, AMC posts don't help. The money needs to be directed to one stock and not divided.

Man of Honour
My feeling is compare tuesday/Wednesday to now.

Tuesday night especially after Elon tweeted "games tonk" and the endless news about this huge surge in price, there was a lot of new money coming in as everyone was just hearing price going up and dreaming about being part of it.

Now it's about how is it over, have the billionaires broke the rules to win no matter what and the small guy can never beat them, when will they start buying back the stocks, and how many, is this the top?

Fear and worries don't encourage investment.

Add to that, the masses have no doubt invested a good chunk of their money already. 300 is a scary number to buy a share at to rookies, and after Thursday drop I bet there were many that sold making a decent loss and too scared to come back.

There's also a splitting I don't like to see. Nok, bb, AMC posts don't help. The money needs to be directed to one stock and not divided.

TBH that situation is ripe for someone with a shrewd head, deep pockets and not too many scruples to clean up and leave everyone else small guy or pros high and dry. Wouldn't be surprised if that is how it ended up.

Associate
With everyone talking about GME , Are people still buying into it now in the hope of making a profit, or are people literally just trying to screw the hedge-fund managers? Don't profess to know anything about stocks and shares so a noob question.

Back
Top Bottom