Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Associate
I worry we may be underestimating what is going on here. It's becoming more of a social movement and it's hard to predict the number of people who are now getting in on this. There could be millions pumped into it tomorrow from regular traders and average folk could start to get onboard soon.

That's what I'm worried about but I don't fully understand their options on that. It almost seems inevitable that it will go to $1k+, at which stage you could take your initial investment out and keep the difference in.
After 2020 being a sucky year separation cost, covid, loss of contracts. WOULD love for anything like that to happen and zero out the bank balance and start afresh in 2021....one can hope ha

Underboss
Circle jerk on reddit saying 30-40k per and they'll still hold. Madness to think it'll go that high and madness to not sell at $1000 per, I mean "Profit hands > Diamond hands surely".

Interesting to watch from the fence.

Associate
Who is really going to be buying these shares if they do go to say $10k? It would probably be cheaper for the hedge funds to just go bankrupt, and I can't see the government footing the bill either.

I'm worried you could end up with shares worth nothing, or even buying shares that don't really exist.

Who is really going to be buying these shares if they do go to say $10k? It would probably be cheaper for the hedge funds to just go bankrupt, and I can't see the government footing the bill either.

I'm worried you could end up with shares worth nothing, or even buying shares that don't really exist.
The hedge funds, and I understand they compete against each other.

FMF

FMF

Associate
Anyone else in boohoo or ASOS, with what has happened with the high street in the last year, Arcadia, Debenhams etc think the online retailers might have a lot of revenue to scoop up.

As in they'll continuosly short eachother?
Assuming all goes to plan for wsb, once the hedge funds decide they have no choice but to buy back as the interest is costing them too much, they start fighting over buying back the stocks as any that wait will be the ones paying the most.

So just holding on, there will come a time, supposably soon, where one will decide OK fine we will buy the x billion worth of stock back, that starts to push the price up a lot as it'll be a large humber of stocks bought in quick succession, this triggers the others to do the same, plus any retails guys wising for this moment for a final guaranteed quick buck. Away you go, the price flies, to 1k, 5k, 10k

A similar thing happened for vw on 2008 and it went so high to the equivalent of 30k for gme per stock.

Thats the dream.

If everyone just literally bought and held that is exactly what would happen. But you have understandably people seeing the 20k they've already made and deciding thars good enough, and the dirty tricks to get people scared to then sell.

I bet Thursday there were many that pooped their pants and sold for a big loss.

I swung from 10k up to 10k down in what felt like minutes and that's with what may end up being very minor movement once we see the final high.

Sorry to others that this has taken over so much time, but like any once in a blue moon event it naturally will. Its only really been big news for a week, not even that. One more week and we may find it basically gone

Soldato
212 have cancelled all my sell limits on gme. Getting slightly concerned about exiting my positions.
Anyone else in boohoo or ASOS, with what has happened with the high street in the last year, Arcadia, Debenhams etc think the online retailers might have a lot of revenue to scoop up.
Boohoo is a sure bet for the long term.

Back
Top Bottom