Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Caporegime
BTC has a lot of mindshare still, and it is technically backed by the colossal amounts of energy being bought to mine it.

Gamestop will try to pivot to eCommerce, get it's ass handed to it by Amazon et al, haemorrage customers to Game Pass and the like, and go bust.

But does it even have to do anything? Does it have to even be anything other than an address? Zero costs, and just hold a valu .

Caporegime
I understand what you're trying to say, young people in America don't value gold, they value gaming and brick and mortar GME stores, so it could become a store of value to them. But the amount of money it would take would be insane and its just not feasible. Its a stock, not a commodity.

I believe bitcoin sits at 600 billion (according to Google).
There's plenty of cash around for it to become a 'commodity'.

Soldato
But does it even have to do anything? Does it have to even be anything other than an address? Zero costs, and just hold a valu .

This is equities, not crypto la-la land. Fundamentals still apply.

If the business goes bankrupt and ceases to exist, then the shares are worth zero.

Soldato
I'm not saying that I agree with the approach, but if you compare it to BLM, protests did very little - making companies hurt where it matters (money), is what works especially when you have nobody of significance fighting for the average person.

I don't foresee this specific instance crashing the market as it's such a small percentage of the wider market, and the simple fix is to have better controls in place to prevent the ongoing explotation.

You do have people fighting for you. Look into crypto, and if you're into it, take off the tribalist glasses and find projects which will succeed in the real world.

Soldato
Is it technically possible for this to become the BTC/gold of the stock market?

Bitcoin leads the way for no particular reason, but it was first. It has no particular value. It isn't a company, it has no physical assets.

Is it possible for GME to become this?
In which case its value could get to 10k or it could wither and die
It's surely 'technically' possible for anything to become a wealth store, if enough people decide it is and have confidence that value stored won't be diminished.

I can't imagine it's remotely likely though outside of 'finite' resources like gold or artificially finite 'resources' like bitcoin. They're treated as wealth stores because it's not likely that the market will be flooded with new offerings, whereas Gamestop could issue a billion shares tomorrow and any 'stored wealth' would burn to the ground.

Soldato
What has the wealth gap go to do with it? Wanting GME to go into the thousands, you ignorant fools don't realise that this will hurt you in the long run.

Government will take away your right to use these highly leveraged options derivatives, so legit people out there, perhaps young, who are actually interested in markets and growing wealth over a long time, because thats the only way you do, it doesn't happen overnight, will have these instruments taken away from them.

If things change to the point that brokers cant manipulate the market and force changes in stock prices, then its a good thing, but in the same way as the banks all going to ****, nothing changed, nobody was jailed and the government bailed the bankers out using taxpayers money...

Soldato
Is it technically possible for this to become the BTC/gold of the stock market?

Bitcoin leads the way for no particular reason, but it was first. It has no particular value. It isn't a company, it has no physical assets.

Is it possible for GME to become this?
In which case its value could get to 10k or it could wither and die

No, GME as a business model is crap, it was going to fail anyway, it was just being used by the stock guys to make money and speed up the demise of GME, IMHO..
It could easily have been any other random company..

Associate
You do have people fighting for you. Look into crypto, and if you're into it, take off the tribalist glasses and find projects which will succeed in the real world.

I don't think celebrities and low-ranking politicians count when it comes to changing the status quo. You have higher ups who are blatantly racists and corrupt to the point where they can admit it on a public network with zero repucussions...I don't think they care about posters and sing-songs.

These hedge funds would happily crash the market again and probably will given the lack or regulation. This might be a messy way of going about things but it'll hurt them and potentially cause them to be less aggressive, which is more than official regulation has ever done.

And yes, I do support crypto for these exact reasons, but crypto is a long way off from being viable.

Soldato
If things change to the point that brokers cant manipulate the market and force changes in stock prices, then its a good thing, but in the same way as the banks all going to ****, nothing changed, nobody was jailed and the government bailed the bankers out using taxpayers money...

Brokers are not manipulating stock prices, get back in the real world. Protest government then, that would more sense

Soldato
I don't think celebrities and low-ranking politicians count when it comes to changing the status quo. You have higher ups who are blatantly racists and corrupt to the point where they can admit it on a public network with zero repucussions...I don't think they care about posters and sing-songs.

These hedge funds would happily crash the market again and probably will given the lack or regulation. This might be a messy way of going about things but it'll hurt them and potentially cause them to be less aggressive, which is more than official regulation has ever done.

And yes, I do support crypto for these exact reasons, but crypto is a long way off from being viable.

Where did i mention celebrities and low ranking politicians?

Crypto is not a long way off, it is the medicine to all this and its less than 5 years away. That's not a long time

Man of Honour
Brokers are not manipulating stock prices, get back in the real world. Protest government then, that would more sense
I think that's open to debate. e.g. Robin Hood allowing sells but no buys of GME. There have been reasons given for it. But I'm sure the SEC will be taking a close eye, particularly as they have already been fined by the SEC in the past for misleading users about sources of funding they receive from trading firms.

Soldato
I think that's open to debate. e.g. Robin Hood allowing sells but no buys of GME. There have been reasons given for it. But I'm sure the SEC will be taking a close eye, particularly as they have already been fined by the SEC in the past for misleading users about sources of funding they receive from trading firms.

The T&C's allow them to do it. If you agree to a game with someone who stipulates that they can change the rules halfway through, you can't really complain about the rules.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom