Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Associate
Hedge funds have won as expected. The volume really dropped off towards the end of last week with all the broker's limiting buying. Without any buying pressure or gamma squeeze pushing the price up any shorts left can hold for a long time and people will be trying to recover as much capital as possible. It's retail vs retail atm and the paper hands will winout.

Edit: I'd seriously be considering shorting now, although would wait until after RH etc allow buying just incase.

Associate
They're trying to short now to drive the price down while everyone is limited on buying. If we buy their dip and hold then they're screwed. They have to buy back at some stage as they've overshorted the stock. This will go to 1k a share at least perhaps 5k+ in the next few days to week.

Soldato
Yeah I expect the big boys are stopping play again, loads of people on eToro that are complaining they can no longer buy.

The whole market is ****** though, I'm chucking money into my usual portfolio and buying the genuine dip :p

Hedge funds have won as expected. The volume really dropped off towards the end of last week with all the broker's limiting buying. Without any buying pressure or gamma squeeze pushing the price up any shorts left can hold for a long time and people will be trying to recover as much capital as possible. It's retail vs retail atm and the paper hands will winout.

Edit: I'd seriously be considering shorting now, although would wait until after RH etc allow buying just incase.

isn't low volume is good in that lots of people are holding?

they will keep trying their tricks to bring the price down and scare people, but as long as enough keep buying in, and everyone just holds then it's an "easy" win?

Associate
isn't low volume is good in that lots of people are holding?

they will keep trying their tricks to bring the price down and scare people, but as long as enough keep buying in, and everyone just holds then it's an "easy" win?

Yes, it's an easy win as long as people buy. The longer this goes on without people being able to buy, the more people will get nervous and sell as they see the price dropping, causing the price to fall further. The same as the buying frenzy we saw last week we'll see a selling frenzy - pure psychology of the market.

Holding is no longer good enough since it hit $480, there would have been many positions opened up at that point so it needs to get back up there to make a dent. The war was won as far as I can tell when it pumped to $480, then fell to $130.

Soldato
Yes, it's an easy win as long as people buy. The longer this goes on without people being able to buy, the more people will get nervous and sell as they see the price dropping, causing the price to fall further. The same as the buying frenzy we saw last week we'll see a selling frenzy - pure psychology of the market.

Holding is no longer good enough since it hit $480, there would have been many positions opened up at that point so it needs to get back up there to make a dent. The war was won as far as I can tell when it pumped to $480, then fell to $130.

Yeah, i think that's the problem, small volumes cause big movements in price and with people restricted from buying, it just makes the drops even worse as there's no money to stop it.

What i'm curious about is why the big investment houses aren't dumping all their stock. They were holders at ~$20 and it's so massively overvalued. Surely they should be cashing in?

Caporegime
Can't even imagine how sick people who have sunk life savings on this must feel, but then it's hard to sympathize.

I realise that in life that to win big you have to bet big/take risks.

But i just could never bring myself to throw so much money at something that has such an unknown outcome.

I am still tempted to chuck a couple of hundred at it if the price really plummets, but would never dream of putting everything i had into it.

I feel like the ship has sailed and that those that have won big, are the ones who got in early with a few thousand at like 14$ a share.

Soldato
Can't even imagine how sick people who have sunk life savings on this must feel, but then it's hard to sympathize.

Correct - an interesting social experiment (Reddit/retail investors versus Hedge Funds) - But in all reality people throwing everything they own at something they know nothing about and the just screaming on reddit/twitter/facebook "GME/AMC to the moon" etc - they deserve everything they get.

Just one look at Reddit and people still screaming about HOLD HOLD HOLD etc - once the phycological "panic" has set in, people will behave in irrational ways.....Trying to convince themselves this is still a money making exercise when in reality it was a few days with some potential to dip in and out. It was NEVER a hold GME/AMC situation - it was a small temporarily opportunity to make some money. It was not a long term "to the moon" investment.

Soldato
A lot of people think GME is going through a short ladder attack.

I got in for quite some cheap numbers so I'm holding strong.

Who are a lot of people??

People on twitter/reddit etc - Any you really believe them? :rolleyes:

It was an opportunity to make a quick buck - it's now reverting to type. A failing bricks and mortar retailer.

Back
Top Bottom