1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mcast123, 2 Apr 2009.

1. kakarott

Gangster

AMC looking tempting

2. Noxia

Sgarrista

Yeah I didn't go back in again like I claimed. Happy with what happened. Never doing that again ever, found it far too stresfull.

3. Russinating

Capodecina

So much facepalm.

4. Apex

Capodecina

Not ideal. What's your thoughts? Is there a limit to how long before you jump out? Hold now for the buy back to start?

5. Irish_Tom

Capodecina

It's about to drop through $100.

Down $225 in what, 15 minutes? :eek:

6. MrKnifey

Mobster

meh lost £700ish Ill just keep them now for the sake of selling them for such a loss. Was worth the gamble. Should have stuck with my small win last week :D:rolleyes:

7. Apex

Capodecina

Well down from 150 to 100. It never was 225 since last night and then there's been lots of trading since then.

8. uncle_rufus

Mobster

It's interesting how they don't halt trading due to "volatility" when it's going down super fast... only when it's going up

9. Tweek_1984

Mobster

It halted just after the opening bell. Although I'm not sure how far/fast it needs to move to trigger a breaker.

10. Mull3t

Mobster

US trades are down according to various places.

11. Irish_Tom

Capodecina

Yeah, fair point, down from $150 at open.

looks like it's levelled off a bit — which way will the breakout go… nobody knows. :D

12. Trig

Mobster

tbh, I'll stand by my original comment, what I have in T212 is for the lols, if it all goes to zero then so be it, although I do have CRSR and ATVK in there as well, so far the only green one is CRSR lol

13. Lyle44

Gangster

I think it's based on the percentage drops from the previous closing price. Along the lines of 7 15 or 20%, or I maybe thinking of the index itself

14. booyaka

Capodecina

15. Lyle44

Gangster

16. Hades

Caporegime

I hope no-ones got money on the line they can't afford to lose. I've worked at two investments banks in the past. In one building they had to put very high barriers around the stair wells after a suicide. At another building someone in the opposite building threw themselves off the roof.

17. Casdawer

Mobster

Decided to take all but 1 share off AMC just for the lolz.

Hedge Funds have won, simple as. A few pages back I was moaning at the $132 sale... now I'm relieved!

Safe to say that I will not trade/invest again (minus my corporate shares). These past 2 weeks have shown I don't have what it takes :D

Back to hoping I net a Lottery win.

18. RobHu

Hitman

Lots of good reads on there. Anyone looking to get into trading/investing should be extremely wary of sites like that though - Their paid services are almost always a huge con. According to some research I did online recently WT is no different in that regard. There's a large amount of scepticism surrounding the owners claimed trading results, some questioning whether he even trades at all.

19. muttclugg

Wise Guy

It's horrible that it drives people to that!

20. englishpremier

Sgarrista

When up in at a similar rate. Seems to have found a floor at the moment. The rest of the market is up nicely though. Finally AMZN and MSFT coming good for me. Was down a good few hundred just on FX movements on Amazon. Can't wait for their earnings.

I dropped AMD last week. Tempted to do the same with Apple. Still down with CRSR though.