Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Associate
I don't disagree in the most part - but he trades live and has done for a long time, a good watch, a sensible guy and comes across well on his trading/videos etc - he's also selling his services so I do agree a fair amount of caution is required.

He's decent on his streams, shows what he's doing, show his winners and looser as well. I've followed him for a while now.

I was following him too, but reading reviews scared me off. There's good stuff on his channel no doubt but people seem to be split between him being legit, complete fraud (not actually trading real money on stream) and using his followers to pump and dump low market cap/low float stocks. I also read that people have done some investigation into his trades and weren't able to find corresponding orders in the level 2 market data. On the other hand I did see that he has at least some audited trades on his site...

It could just be the typical negativity that surrounds anyone who's successful I guess. I really hope this is the case because I enjoy his videos and his presenting style. The small account challenge series he did is great.

Another I've started following is 'stockjock' on twitch. He doesn't sell services as far as I know and streams all his trades each day. He's a lot less talkative though.

Soldato
Back to normality.

I topped up some IAG a few days ago, given the news the share price has been fairly "stable" - and its in the green today. Hopefully some nice growth up to the summer and beyond.

Anyone here in with TekCapital?

Soldato
The absolute number 1 rule when it comes to ANY form of making money, whether it be investment advice, gambling tips, amazon dropshipping courses, is that it's all nonsense. If these people were successful at making money with the ways they claim they are, they wouldn't need to sell these courses, nor would they need to waste time in creating them. It's all guff. All of it. If someone's selling a "learn to make money" course, it means they've already failed at it and are still trying to make money.

A few exclusions apply, such as Manny Khoshbin, however his angle is that he's already got the market sewn up and has his reputation, so selling his knowledge to any noob who hasn't got a leg to stand on vs a titan like him in the same market is literally zero threat.

I have also thought this especially when you see ads for it.

On the other hand in terms of FBA businesses, niche sites and affiliate marketing, their content is usually spot on. Of course they only do it because in reality their website with the articles content becomes their biggest money maker. Look at Pat Flynn from Smart Passive Income for example, or the dude at Niche Pursuits.

Gme into the low-mid 90s now.

O/t: I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but if people had put half of the money spent on those shares into a local charity for foodbanks or homeless it'd be far more meaningful.

Have you not seen the posts of people donating to charities and one guy actually buying Nitendio Switches from Gamestop to give to a local children's ward. Some charities and causes will have done very well out of this.

Soldato
Safe to say that I will not trade/invest again (minus my corporate shares). These past 2 weeks have shown I don't have what it takes :D

You never really did trade/invest - you rolled the dice on one of the most volatile stocks we've seen in a long time. It really wasn't much different to playing the lottery.

Investing can be good (he says as he looks at his BP stocks falling by the minute...) and a diverse portfolio helps shield you from these massive ups and downs by one company. My BP shares are in the toilet today, but my Tesla/Easyjet/IAG/National Express stocks have recovered a lot of the ground they lost in the last week with this GME ****

@arknor also, just wanted to say thanks for the Blue Prism heads up. It's currently one of the success stories in my portfolio!

Soldato
Bloodbath, guess that's it then

Wonder if AMC is actually worth it long term at $6 considering they took advantage of the share option and shed a whole load lot of their debt

Surprised Gamestop didn't take advantage though

Soldato
Isn't this just the dip before the squeeze? I'm looking at the VW chart and goddamn, history does repeat itself!

In unrelated news, can anyone lend me a tenner?

Associate
So I've been consolidating all of my individual investments down into an all-world index fund - seems like the sensible thing to do. Most of my investments have been sold off now to do this, but I'm still holding a few - Apple being the largest of those. Would you guys sell the Apple shares and put that money into more shares in the index fund, or would you hold onto it? The index fund's largest holding is of course Apple after all.

Just interested to know your thoughts.

Soldato
So I've been consolidating all of my individual investments down into an all-world index fund - seems like the sensible thing to do. Most of my investments have been sold off now to do this, but I'm still holding a few - Apple being the largest of those. Would you guys sell the Apple shares and put that money into more shares in the index fund, or would you hold onto it? The index fund's largest holding is of course Apple after all.

Just interested to know your thoughts.

Whats your total exposure from both, in percentage terms?

Associate
Have you not seen the posts of people donating to charities and one guy actually buying Nitendio Switches from Gamestop to give to a local children's ward. Some charities and causes will have done very well out of this.
I hadn't, is that from the r/wsb page or elsewhere? Sounds good.

Just reading through comments over there and 'apparent' share/loss account screen grabs, can't believe people are still holding, proper weird cult beliefs going on

Soldato
As it stands, my holdings are:
Vanguard FTSE All-World Index - 69.66%
iShares Global Clean Energy - 12.25%
Apple - 8.90%
Other - 9.19% (to be sold once the price is right)

so just over 10%, you could cut down the apple position by a couple percent, you wouldn't do it now though, its just had a correction, i'd wait til it gets to 145/150

Back
Top Bottom