Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Not sure. I feel like argo if I'm 60 percent in crypto buying those stocks is basically buying crypto

I'd say it's probably safer than Argo, CB makes their money from all the trading fees so it's always going to be profitable regardless if crypto goes up or down, they still get the same money on each tx while Argo is largely reliant on bull season continuing

Associate
To be honest I tend to enjoy the hyped IPO launches, mainly to pick up more of my regular shares that the memestockers end up selling to jump on the bandwagon (therefore dipping the share price nicely for a day or two)

Soldato
$374 now. I’m out. It’s ridiculously overvalued as it is and this price will end up being bonkers.

Predicted valuation is $100bn so $374 is below that. But yeah 100x earnings is high.

Could go either way.

If I get in it will be ride the initial hype and hope I'm not holding the bag once it drops.

I'd say it's probably safer than Argo, CB makes their money from all the trading fees so it's always going to be profitable regardless if crypto goes up or down, they still get the same money on each tx while Argo is largely reliant on bull season continuing

Similar to Voyager Digital which is up a couple of thousand percent.

Caporegime
Agreed.
Because I have no knowledge of how ipos are priced (who does) I stay away. Its a complete gamble. I'd like in really as I do think crypto will be around in some form a long time.

Soldato
Agreed.
Because I have no knowledge of how ipos are priced (who does) I stay away. Its a complete gamble. I'd like in really as I do think crypto will be around in some form a long time.

If T212 allow fractional purchases for CB then I'll probably add it to my pie, long term it should do well

Associate
I'm thinking about selling my shares in Argo and invest them elsewhere as Argo have only gone down since I did buy in. But not sure where to invest them instead. Thinking of either going for Lloyds or Scottish Mortgage Investment Trust instead.

Soldato
Well after crapping on IPOs I ended up with 4 COIN at $381. Will be likely get out if there is a big bump.

Argo are down?
I'd have thought they would follow crypto market cap roughly?

Argo has better margins, and profits than US listed rivals such as Riot. It's small cap though and seems unloved as I've complained. I plan to get out when I can and stick to bigger players.

Caporegime
The latest Deliveroo headline is: "Deliveroo shares fall as it gives cautious guidance in first update since IPO flop" That's despite orders more than doubling during lockdown.

I never really fully understand how markets move on news. I know there are all. Sorts of metrics. And a big one is future growth. Like tesla has so much priced in that a competitor can easily disrupt it.
But yeah. So many factors it's a mine field

Back
Top Bottom