Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Associate
Was thinking of putting more into SMT yesterday with the last few weeks drops, seems to be on the way back up again though. This market is bonkers recently, up and down like a yoyo!

Soldato
I'm sure people will tell me this is totally pointless and not necessary however I am wondering why the below feature doesn't really seem to be available...

I've just started trying out Yahoo Finance to track my portfolio and I've noticed that there is a very tiny image that displays a graph of my portfolio against what I think is the S&P500 (please don't laugh as it doesn't look great :D).

Is it possible to actually get a fully fledged/interactive graph in any of these apps or websites? It would be nice to see this on a graph and not just as a tiny image on the page. Perhaps even with the option of comparing it to specific indexes...

Thanks!

Associate
Morningstar has a free portfolio manager feature that I find quite useful. The graph on there is not fully interactive but allows you to compare your portfolio performance to various indexes over 12 months or year on year. There is a paid version that might have better interactive graphs.

Soldato
Morningstar has a free portfolio manager feature that I find quite useful. The graph on there is not fully interactive but allows you to compare your portfolio performance to various indexes over 12 months or year on year. There is a paid version that might have better interactive graphs.

Oh fantastic, thanks will give it a go!

Soldato
Anyone still in Blue Prism?

I noticed they released a first half trading update yesterday which was fairly positive with a decent chunk of new bookings. Although it is expecting full year earnings to be at the lower end of it's initial guidance, but still up ~25% on their 2020 figures, so showing good growth.

The share price is just ending up in the toilet though!

Caporegime

I noticed they released a first half trading update yesterday which was fairly positive with a decent chunk of new bookings. Although it is expecting full year earnings to be at the lower end of it's initial guidance, but still up ~25% on their 2020 figures, so showing good growth.

Was one I was considering, glad I didn't. Would be well down now

Soldato

Yep, It was flying until it's collapse a good few months ago now. I like the stock though. Growth looks good so does revenue. When they can turn a profit I expect the stock to fly. I wonder if they will follow UiPath's lead and list in the states.

Soldato
Yep, It was flying until it's collapse a good few months ago now. I like the stock though. Growth looks good so does revenue. When they can turn a profit I expect the stock to fly. I wonder if they will follow UiPath's lead and list in the states.

I think that's a given, especially after the CEO's comments complaining about how the UK don't appreciate tech stocks.

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Anyone in any decent mining / copper plays at the moment? Specifically some of the scarcer minerals needed for long term emissions control

Just bought PXC (copper mainly) and after ideas for a second...

Soldato
I always thought FCX was a high performing stock, used to have a fund with it in. They have copper and also a (big) gold mine on the Seven Summits, good demand helps them. FXPO is iron ore. Ideal time to buy all these is in doubts, 10% up or down in a day is a bumpy but normal ride. Commodities wont fall over a decade imo but surely world GDP falters. I dont care about rare earths all that, just normal mining and I'd rather consider agriculture fertilizer mining those as good balance to metals.
Last I heard Steel is due to reset in a classic way, done well cant last apparently its done this plenty of times. Thats not mining but it explains why demand can upset easily

Caporegime

No but there stock price was a shocker to watch...

I wonder if people think PLTR is there competition, blue prism goes through long periods with no news as well it seems.

hype level 0 on that stock for sure

Soldato
Since i've signed up to Primary Bid, i've noticed a few fairly big companies listing through them. Today i had an email from Severn Trent water, with the buy price being decided at the end of the IPO.

Given i can go and buy SVT shares on most exchanges for a known price. What's the actual advantage here of buying through Primary Bid? Other than saving a tenner on trading fees.

Back
Top Bottom