transferring phone number=new internet order?

Associate
Afternoon, I live in a shared house with a shared phone line for internet, the person who owns the phone and broadband is moving out so we are swapping it over to me.
I've spoken to BT and am getting the line billing changed to me (which also includes taking the line down for 3 days for some reason) but our provider is saying they can't swap the billing over and we'll have to place a new order for broadband complete with activation fee and 2 week wait. What's that all about? I may as well migrate to a new provider for free.

For anyone else who's swapped internet billing around, is this normal?

Caporegime
Yes it's normal, but any decent ISP should (without advance warning) be able to stop the cease order.
You won't be able to migrate if the ADSL service gets ceased.

Associate
OP
tolien said:
Yes it's normal, but any decent ISP should (without advance warning) be able to stop the cease order.
You won't be able to migrate if the ADSL service gets ceased.

Thanks for the info, BT confirmed that although there wouldn't be the 3 day downtime for a credit check (I have another line in my name at my mums yard) there would be a cease order but the line would be back up very quickly.
I like our provider so I'll push that we suck up the activation fee for a new account, hopefully it shouldn't take too long to get back up and running.

Back
Top Bottom