transformers 2...worst film of the year?

Soldato
Well, I went in expecting to see massive robots, doing awesome things, and having massive fights with each other.

Guess who came out of the cinema satisfied? :D

I do agree that way too much of the film was empty, and it could have been half an hour shorter. But the epicness of the sweet battles were more than enough to compensate. As soon as I saw the part, at the beginning, where Prime drives out of that plane as a truck my face just went ":eek:" and remained like that for most of the film. :D

Another part worth mentioning was the Prime battle in the forest, and the fight that Bumblebee has near the end.

Soldato
Yeah it was a massive disappointment, too many humans being human (and retarded) and and not enough robots being kick ass.

For me Iron Man was the much better movie and hopefully IM2 will be the better sequel.

lcg

lcg

Associate
I haven't watched Transformers 1 or 2. They don't seem worth watching from what I've read. Nothing can beat the original 1986 Transformers cartoon movie.

Associate
Loved the first movie, was disappointed by the sequel. Far too many plot holes, (e.g. how did the old guy come to be an SR-71 if he'd been asleep for millennia?) action scenes were difficult to follow, and the twins: whoever dreamt them up should be fired!

Caporegime
OP
I haven't watched Transformers 1 or 2. They don't seem worth watching from what I've read. Nothing can beat the original 1986 Transformers cartoon movie.

i have the 1986 dvd.. its completely camp, limp wristed and a little bit lame...

T1 and T2 were good action Transformers films. i didnt even agree with the transforming interpretation but there you go..

Man of Honour
I was actually bored at the cinema. It went on forever :/

And people saying the cartoons were superior are clinging on to their childhood a bit much. It's pretty much unwatchable as an adult without any sense of nostalgia.

Soldato
Some people said that Transformers 1 was an epic movie so I went to the cinema and wasted £8 as to me it was just an average Hollywood blockbuster.

Few months ago however I saw Transformers 2 and I can't believe how utter crap this movie was. If this wasn't the worst movie of the year then it was probably very close to this place.

Caporegime
OP
but was it worse than;

All about steve

The film received overwhelmingly negative reaction from critics. Rotten Tomatoes reported that 6% of critics gave the film positive reviews based on 72 reviews, with the consensus report saying, "All About Steve is an oddly creepy, sour film, featuring a heroine so desperate and peculiar that audiences may be more likely to pity than root for her." [5] According to another review aggregator, Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 top reviews from mainstream critics, the film has received an average score of 17%, based on 25 reviews.[6] On Film 2010 on January 12, 2010, Jonathan Ross said, "Blink and you'll miss it... I'd blink if I were you."

wikipedia

The film received mostly negative reviews from film critics. Based on 227 reviews collected by Rotten Tomatoes, Revenge of the Fallen received an average 20% overall approval rating.[97] Metacritic, in turn, gave it an average score of 35 out of 100 from the 32 reviews it collected.[98] In contrast to the mostly negative critical reception, audience reaction was mostly positive. However CinemaScore polls reported that on a scale of A+ to F, the average grade cinemagoers gave the film was "B+", as opposed to the "A" that the original film had scored.[99]

als wikipedia

so u have a B rate moves VS a Z grader.. and yet they felt fine to bestow this honour onto transformers?

Soldato
Neither TF films are very good. Whoever had the idea of giving the franchise to Michael Bay to direct really deserves shooting.

TF1 you could forgive some things for a first attempt - although to visit a Dam and not have Megs and Prime fight on top of it was more of a slap in the face to fans than anything else - same goes for driving past a Porsche garage to use GM cars - way to associate yourself with a bankrupt car manufacturer.

TF2 was very bad on many levels. TFs can't fight a battle without human involvement. TFs can't defeat the big 'con so the humans wheel out some previously unseen rail gun to effectively cancel out Dev and make his whole appearance pointless. Making Megs cow down to the Unloved or Unforgiving or whatever the other one was called. Making Jetfire a bit of a doddery old idiot - TF2 could have been the whole Jetfire story (big powerful TF gets conned by old mate Starscream into being bad but realises error at the end - simples)

I know my TF fluff and the films are rubbish - didn't stop me buying them on Bluray though.

Soldato
Neither TF films are very good. Whoever had the idea of giving the franchise to Michael Bay to direct really deserves shooting.

TF1 you could forgive some things for a first attempt - although to visit a Dam and not have Megs and Prime fight on top of it was more of a slap in the face to fans than anything else - same goes for driving past a Porsche garage to use GM cars - way to associate yourself with a bankrupt car manufacturer.

TF2 was very bad on many levels. TFs can't fight a battle without human involvement. TFs can't defeat the big 'con so the humans wheel out some previously unseen rail gun to effectively cancel out Dev and make his whole appearance pointless. Making Megs cow down to the Unloved or Unforgiving or whatever the other one was called. Making Jetfire a bit of a doddery old idiot - TF2 could have been the whole Jetfire story (big powerful TF gets conned by old mate Starscream into being bad but realises error at the end - simples)

I know my TF fluff and the films are rubbish - didn't stop me buying them on Bluray though.

Yeah they look pretty, especially in IMAX. Can't think of anything else positive, cept at least they wen't to the locales like Giza and Petra and not composited them in, like what happens in some films.

so u have a B rate moves VS a Z grader.. and yet they felt fine to bestow this honour onto transformers?

well it's more about giving Bay a ****ton of cash, some decent writers and special effects guys, plus the hype, then him making a total cockup of it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Some people said that Transformers 1 was an epic movie so I went to the cinema and wasted £8 as to me it was just an average Hollywood blockbuster.

Few months ago however I saw Transformers 2 and I can't believe how utter crap this movie was. If this wasn't the worst movie of the year then it was probably very close to this place.

T1 was a dire movie.

T2 was just as bad. I think they were very similar movies and if you liked T1 then you will also like T2. The converse is also true.

Personally, I think T1 and T2 were both terrible. Ive seen cartoons on the telly which offer better storylines.

Back
Top Bottom