Transport Fever 2

Soldato
The modular aspect to stations / airports etc are a godsend, so much more effective way to make use of space then needing to double up like TF1. Just unlocked the second campaign, enjoying the missions so far.

Really enjoying this. Doing the campaigns first. USA and Java are very easy, but running into my first logistical problems in the Scotland one, Having a bit of trouble getting my fish to be delivered to Glasgow.

For that one recall I just set a cargo station by fish factory and a single line ploughing through the landscape and to a station in Glasgow. Just need to ensure that its within the range of the places that use the fish, if not a matter of setting up a local transport network in Glasgow from station to areas that need it.

Soldato
I'm having problems on the Glasgow map - the third mission. I'm trying to deliver Fish from Fort William to Glasgow, but not fish will "enter" the station to be transported. The Fort William train station is withing "white" distance of the fish farm - it's right next to it. There is a road connection between the station and the fish farm (and it wouldn't glow white if there wasn't... right?)

At the Glasgow end, it was a passenger station, but I added a cargo platform. I take it the passenger and cargo platform can share the same train track right?

I've added a cargo entrance too, which is connected to the road. I've even built a little truck station and set up a route from the station to the commerical part of town, but still no transporting is happening. I don't have any warnings about route incompatibility either :s

Any ideas?

Edit - I had mapped my cargo truck thing to a passenger drop off. Once I changed this to a cargo drop off, the whole loop of train -> horse truck came to life.

It would be useful if A) The game told you what the station will accept in its current location like TTD and B) why a product isn't moving and how to link chains in the tutorial! >8(

Soldato
I'm having problems on the Glasgow map - the third mission. I'm trying to deliver Fish from Fort William to Glasgow, but not fish will "enter" the station to be transported. The Fort William train station is withing "white" distance of the fish farm - it's right next to it. There is a road connection between the station and the fish farm (and it wouldn't glow white if there wasn't... right?)

At the Glasgow end, it was a passenger station, but I added a cargo platform. I take it the passenger and cargo platform can share the same train track right?

I've added a cargo entrance too, which is connected to the road. I've even built a little truck station and set up a route from the station to the commerical part of town, but still no transporting is happening. I don't have any warnings about route incompatibility either :s

Any ideas?

Edit - I had mapped my cargo truck thing to a passenger drop off. Once I changed this to a cargo drop off, the whole loop of train -> horse truck came to life.

It would be useful if A) The game told you what the station will accept in its current location like TTD and B) why a product isn't moving and how to link chains in the tutorial! >8(

I had this issue with the Whisky and Fish. Took me over an hour to figure out what the hell was going on. The tutorial isn’t very good for new people to the franchise.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Although I played Tf1 to death I've started the campaign first, i thoroughly enjoyed the campaign in TF1 so hopefully the new campaign is just as good.

Caporegime
What’s the difficulty like? My level of experience is along the lines of Sid Meier’s Railroad Tycoon which was not too hectic and easily understandable. Cities Skyline, for example, I couldn’t get my head around.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
What’s the difficulty like? My level of experience is along the lines of Sid Meier’s Railroad Tycoon which was not too hectic and easily understandable. Cities Skyline, for example, I couldn’t get my head around.

I would say it's not too bad and easier than City Skylines to get to grips with. Check out Colonel Failure on youtube to get an idea of what it may be like.

Caporegime
When you do sidings so trains can pass each other, where do you put the signals, at the start of the siding or the end? I’m placing signals at the start of the sidings and the trains are still blocking each other. Just finding that aspect a little tricky.

Soldato
When you do sidings so trains can pass each other, where do you put the signals, at the start of the siding or the end? I’m placing signals at the start of the sidings and the trains are still blocking each other. Just finding that aspect a little tricky.

Put one signal at the end of the sliding, that way the train in the sliding will hold there before joining the main line when a train is coming down the opposite way. However similarly, also put a signal on the main track, just before the sliding start point. By doing that, it will mean the train coming down the main track, will also hold to allow the other train to slip into the sliding. Took a pic showing how I signal it so hope it helps with signals in red circle.

TazwbYj.jpg

Caporegime
Put one signal at the end of the sliding, that way the train in the sliding will hold there before joining the main line when a train is coming down the opposite way. However similarly, also put a signal on the main track, just before the sliding start point. By doing that, it will mean the train coming down the main track, will also hold to allow the other train to slip into the sliding. Took a pic showing how I signal it so hope it helps with signals in red circle.

TazwbYj.jpg
Thanks so much, I’ll give it a go tomorrow.

Caporegime
Yep, figured it all out now. So satisfying when you get everything running smoothly.

I’m totally addicted to this game. Nearly finished the last mission on chapter one, Baghdad. Just trying to figure out how to harvest the snake bushes, or whatever they’re called.

Associate
OP
I've not got TF2, but played the others and yea they can be very addictive. If you're not too fussed about graphics have a look at OpenTTD too.

Back
Top Bottom