Transsexual

Soldato
Raymond Lin said:
well, the law does consider a post op transexual to be the gender of the new sex. If that make things any clearer? You can get a passport, or driving licence with it. Thou your original birth certicate will never change as that is seen more of a historical document than just an ID. The transexual however can apply for a new birth certificate upon getting a Gender Recognition Certificate, and can marry someone of the opposite sex of their aquire gender.

For some unknown reason, reading that dont feel right at all..... :( :eek:

Soldato
I've never understood the term "pre-op transexual". So that is someone who dresses as the opposite sex but still has their original genitalia?
Surely that is a transvestite? :confused:

Caporegime
Raymond Lin said:
well, the law does consider a post op transexual to be the gender of the new sex. If that make things any clearer? You can get a passport, or driving licence with it. Thou your original birth certicate will never change as that is seen more of a historical document than just an ID. The transexual however can apply for a new birth certificate upon getting a Gender Recognition Certificate, and can marry someone of the opposite sex of their aquire gender.

I understand exactly what you're saying... but they'll still be a bloke! The law HAS to take into account the needs and desires of its populace, but that still doesn't change the drive of nature... and every person in the world is driven to some extent by instinct. My instinct is, born a man... become a woman... still having sex with a man.

Soldato
emailiscrap said:
I've never understood the term "pre-op transexual". So that is someone who dresses as the opposite sex but still has their original genitalia?

I think trasvestite aint going for the op or is that the drag queen...Gwad now im confused.

Permabanned
Kroegen said:
He was telling me that if you date a tranny, that makes you gay, as the person in question was born with male genetles. I was disucssing this with him, but he was adamont that he was not gay at all.

ask him what type of sex this transexual enjoys and if he's really sure he's not gay.

Caporegime
ElRazur said:
For some unknown reason, reading that dont feel right at all..... :( :eek:

The law was changed as transexuals was getting discriminated by their illness, transexuals are the ones who have Gender Dysphoria Syndrome. People who suffers from it - to quote "whilst belonging physically to one sex, feel convinced that they belong to the other; they often seek to achieve a more integrated, unambiguous identity by undergoing medical treatment and surgical operations to adapt their physical characteristics to their psychological nature."

It was changed because even thou the NHS actually prescribe the treatment (gender reassignment surgery), the law did not recognise their new sex even after post-op. So you have someone looks like a woman but her birth certificate says otherwise, which is very traumatising in the given situation. This isn't new, it goes as far back as 1970.

Personally, I couldn't do it, knowing the fact that there was a penis there would put me off. Even if the law does say the person is now female. But we all have our own preception, and its up to the person in question to decide and not for us to judge.

Soldato
ElRazur said:
In what sense?
It seems to me that it is far more credible in todays society to be a transexual than a transvestite (Eddie Izzrd excepted of course!).
So if a transvestite claims that they are awaiting the operation, then they are considered pre-op transexual.

I could be totally off the mark, but just thinking aloud really.

Soldato
Raymond Lin said:
The law was changed as transexuals was getting discriminated by their illness, transexuals are the ones who have Gender Dysphoria Syndrome. People who suffers from it - to quote "whilst belonging physically to one sex, feel convinced that they belong to the other; they often seek to achieve a more integrated, unambiguous identity by undergoing medical treatment and surgical operations to adapt their physical characteristics to their psychological nature."

Aint that the following group suffer from (or something similar)

Those who see the need to under go plastic surgery of some sort.

Those who want part of their limp cut off, even though there is nothing wrong with it. Other than they think they "feel" better without it and "feel" normal in a wheel chair. (cant remeber the clinical name of the condition)

Caporegime
emailiscrap said:
It seems to me that it is far more credible in todays society to be a transexual than a transvestite (Eddie Izzrd excepted of course!).
So if a transvestite claims that they are awaiting the operation, then they are considered pre-op transexual.

I could be totally off the mark, but just thinking aloud really.

There's a distinction.

To be a Transexuals, you need to be diagnoised medically with Gender dysphoria. (basically a feeling of female trapped in a man's body, and don't feel the body they have is the right sex.). This illness must not be a form of mental disorder like schizophrenia either.

Transvestite is someone who like to cross dress.

Last edited:
Soldato
emailiscrap said:

A transvestite is someone who dresses as the oposite sex occasionally and still believes they are a man or women. A transexual believes that they were born the wrong gender and live their remaining life as the other sex in which they were born. :)

Anyway... imo, yes there's something dodgy there! :p Is he/she pre-op or post-op? For some strange reson post-op has a bit of saving grace but even then I dunno. I wouldn't say full-blown homo though, maybe a bit curious and bi ;)

Caporegime
ElRazur said:
Aint that the following group suffer from (or something similar)

Those who see the need to under go plastic surgery of some sort.

Those who want part of their limp cut off, even though there is nothing wrong with it. Other than they think they "feel" better without it and "feel" normal in a wheel chair. (cant remeber the clinical name of the condition)

That quote apply to transexual (or those suffer from gender dysphoria syndrom) specifically, not those who wants their limbs cut off.

Associate
Homosexuality is being attracted to a member of the same sex. Where does that leave people who are attracted to people of the same sex... with the appearance of the opposite sex?

People are attracted to other people by appearance, behaviour and personality. If all three of those are female in nature then who's to say theres any difference between them and a born-female. Genetics would have course reveal the truth... but attraction is not based on assessment of genetics.

If anyone in a relationship at the moment discovered their partner was a transsexual would that change the feelings you've developed for them?

Frankly if I were confronted with the situation of dating a transsexual I would be apprehensive, but in the end.. if i was genuinely attracted to them i don't think it would stop me.

Last edited:
Permabanned
emailiscrap said:

A transvestite wears clothing 'for' the opposite sex.

A transsexual actively seeks reassignment to their 'true' sex.

A transsexual is whatever sex their 'true' sex is; I have always referred to a TS by their 'true' sex; him or her irrespective of whether they are pre-op or post-op.

There is nothing 'gay' about finding a M2F TS attractive if you are a man and certainly nothing gay about having a relationship (whether sexual or not) with one.

Gay men don't find women attractive so why would having sex with a woman who was born a man be gay...?

*n (before it's asked, been there, done that.)

Permabanned
Jumpingmedic said:
Homosexuality is being attracted to a member of the same sex. Where does that leave people who are attracted to people of the same sex... with the appearance of the opposite sex?

A transsexual is whatever sex they feel they should be; not whatever sex they are born as.

*n

Back
Top Bottom