Associate
Hi,

I am hoping to book some holidays next year in Europe, and when like to know what are the best travel buddy web sites. As I was hoping to travel either with one like minded travel companion or small group ?

many thanks

T

Man of Honour
Hi,

I am hoping to book some holidays next year in Europe, and when like to know what are the best travel buddy web sites. As I was hoping to travel either with one like minded travel companion or small group ?

many thanks

T
How old are you? If fairly young, just show up at a hostel and if you make friends you will probably travel with them for a bit. If not, there’s an endless supply of new people to hang out with - you’ll make friends really easily.

Soldato
How old are you? If fairly young, just show up at a hostel and if you make friends you will probably travel with them for a bit. If not, there’s an endless supply of new people to hang out with - you’ll make friends really easily.

This.

I go away at least once a yer by myself (Canada last year, Balkans year before that, Baltics this year) and I've never even thought of using one of those sites. Just stay in hostels and meet people in the common room and your room (there'll be someone who is by themselves and want a beer/grab some food), go to bars (sit at the bar) and get chatting to people - the locals are always happy to talk about their city and practice their English.
You'll find it a bit weird, but people are always friendly.

I also know some people who do it and use dating apps. Be honest with the girls (or boys) and you may find yourself a good guide and may get a kiss!

Where are you going?

Soldato

This. I went to Greece on my own for two weeks, ended up staying there for six months.

Caporegime
You need to clarify what you're after here as it is still vague... where in Europe? Doing what sort of stuff?

As per @Nitefly 's suggestion, if young, stay in hostels. You can also book various group excursions, pub crawls, boat trips/parties etc.. etc.. and just meet people that way.

Then again you might well turn around in the next post and tell us you're a middle aged office worker and you don't want to go clubbing/stay in a hostel and just want walking tours of historic sites etc... in which case you might be better off on say a viking cruise or some pre-planned walking holiday.

Or alternatively by "travel buddy" maybe you want a female one, preferably younger than you and from a poorer European country, with the hope that she'd be very grateful for the free holiday....

Man of Honour
Hostels or Couchsurfing. Even if you dont use the hosting system, the couchsurfing website is great for meeting people as everyone on there is in the same boat and keen to welcome you to their cities.

Back
Top Bottom