US: Travelers - 2016

Man of Honour
I feel like budget restraints are hugely holding this show back - in the earlier episodes some of the lab stuff for instance wasn't convincing at all and felt like they'd nipped into a commercial facility while the employees were on lunch break to film, etc. which really didn't sell it as a show - initially I got bored with it half way through season 1 but finished it off recently when I was ill and was drawn much more into it once it got going though still some stuff I just fast forward through :S

v0n

v0n

Soldato
I like the premise and I agree with my predecessors slating it for budget execution. There is no reason why this couldn't become thinking man's, grown up audience's "Fringe" cross with "Looper" but in addition to budgetary choices, it also lacks clear long term arc and direction. Just spawning indefinite numbers of travellers (good or bad) in every episode doesn't create the story - pick two story lines - let's say - invest in current travellers trying to fend off old travellers trying to go free and travellers from ever changing evil future and stick with it.

Man of Honour
I'm working my way through this now. I'm quite enjoying it. The concept is good but the execution a little less so. However not everything can be a major blockbuster so I'm just accepting it for what it is.

Man of Honour
I'm working my way through this now. I'm quite enjoying it. The concept is good but the execution a little less so. However not everything can be a major blockbuster so I'm just accepting it for what it is.

Its not bad for what it is - but I really hope one day they redo it with a better budget and a much tighter and deeper script - its put together a great framework for something that could be refined and developed yet again to make a truly great show.

Soldato
I really like it, I think it being Canadian gives it a slightly different feel and it manages to avoid feeling generic and cheesy. It's not quite on par with 12 Monkeys but it's not far off, and some of the season 2 episodes have been very good e.g. the "Groundhog Day" style one.

I wouldn't be surprised if season 3 is the last though, it doesn't seem hugely popular.

Soldato
I think Travelers is a great show, better than the enjoyable 12 Monkeys, and if it does stop after 3 series I'll put it down to it being slightly too intelligent for American audiences as does seem to happen over there. look at Annihilation not getting a worldwide cinema release because some exec thought it was too complicated.

Man of Honour
Dunno if its been mentioned but new show pilot on Amazon - The Crossing has a very similar feel for those wanting more of this kind of stuff - though not sure if the show has been commissioned or not - it isn't quite as well written and you can kind of figure out who is who before its revealed but still seems reasonably good.

EDIT: Looks like its weekly from the 3rd onwards.

Soldato
What did everyone make of the season finale?

are the husbands and wives really THAT stupid?

Kat saying "that's for killing my husband" when he clearly said on the video her husband died in the line of duty. She should have slapped him and said "that's for pretending to be my husband"

Soldato
What did everyone make of the season finale?

are the husbands and wives really THAT stupid?

Kat saying "that's for killing my husband" when he clearly said on the video her husband died in the line of duty. She should have slapped him and said "that's for pretending to be my husband"

exactly, and ..
Why should the lawyer care, he's just found out he's got a guaranteed cash cow.

Back
Top Bottom