US: Travelers - 2016

Associate
Another brilliant series, and what a finale! No idea where they are going to go with the show now :eek:

I've haven't watch season 3 yet but from what I read online prior to season 3 being confirmed, there was rumbling that if renew for third season it might be it last, but you never knew Netflix might want to renew for another season. the other thing to keep in mind is the one of the main actors is also doing will & grace.

Soldato
Have I missed something? Or did they gloss over the FBI discovering their whole operation and placing Yates with Grant?

pretty sure they covered it most episodes. Nearly every episode she was on his back about not keeping her in the loop when his team went off doing their own thing.

Caporegime
I'm only on episode 2 and at the end of episode 1, the FBI director called off the operation. Then in episode 2, Grant just turns up to work and Yates gives him a 30 second debrief and that is it.

Man of Honour
Struggling to get through season 3 - for want of a better way to explain it it feels too much like someone different working on each episode who thought it would be great to throw certain characters into the ring for some forced drama situation which doesn't really fit with the overall concept and breaks down some of the mystery and what made the premise somewhat unique, etc. plus suddenly everyone is a traveler or can be in a deus ex machina fashion.

The premise of the show works far better in a case of little is more when done right.

Caporegime
There a couple of issues with the show but I really enjoyed S3. I am a happy go lucky guy but David seriously needs to learn exploring his whole emotional range :p.

Soldato
Brilliant finale, those final few episodes were rather intense but brilliantly written and superbly acted. This season felt a bit disjointed at the start and the whole thing about the traveler teams being discovered by the FBI wasn't given nearly the attention it ought to have, considering they've spent the previous two seasons keeping it a secret from everyone. I can only assume the writers needed it to play into the bigger story arc but didn't have time to give it some proper time to play out, considering it's only a 10 episode run.

Hopefully the push from Netflix in promoting this season gives it a good chance of a season 4, but at the same time I sadly won't be entirely surprised if they drop it.

Associate
Just burned through this over the Christmas and last week. Cracking show. I had attempted it back when it first came out but only got an episode or two in before taking on a different show.

Quite happy with the ending;
could go either way, that's it finished or open up a whole new aspect

Caporegime
That was great, I really don't understand some of the earlier comments about story arc issues, there were clearly defined primary arcs, as well as clearly defined sub-story character arcs, certainly never felt disjointed or 'monster of the week' like so many other shows.

Also, whilst not big budget, the only times I noticed (and that was going in from the beginning with pre-conceptions of poor budget due to comments on here) it was
the copter getting bazooka'd and the nuclear explosions
, the rest never felt cheap to me or the missus.

Sure, there are a few plot-holes here and there, which is impossible to avoid with any time-travel/paradox type story, but certainly fewer than say, Timeless, haha.

Also, I'm in love with Marcy, and Trev is such a great character!

Back
Top Bottom