Travian UK server 2!

Soldato
Booner! said:
I build up resource platforms, then cranny, then barracks and start raiding quick - the more aggressive you are, the more chance you have of surviving. (just dont raid me!)

I havent got an option to build any Barracks..:confused: DO I have to build or upgrade anything before hand?

Associate
droolinggimp said:
I havent got an option to build any Barracks..:confused: DO I have to build or upgrade anything before hand?

Click on manual on the left hand links, it tells you the prerequisites for each building :)

In this instance -

Barrack
Prerequisites:
Rally Point level 1, Main Building level 3

Whoop

Soldato
The Mrs and i had 2 weeks on S1 then we found out S2 had only been going a week so i've deleted my S1 account and moved to S2, shame i dont know what im doing tho :p

fRostiE

Soldato
Darg said:
Is this normal or speed?

I can only play speed now as I find the normal servers far too slow.
It's normal speed.
I'm the same, I only play the speed.travian3.fr server. It also means the majority of villages I crush are full of French!!!

Soldato
I've signed up...

I have an account on s1 but sort of gave up playing. I've currently got an account on s4.travian.com. I have 6 villages and preparing to conquer one within the coming days. I'm ranked 320 so I've got a rough idea on how to play properly now.

Here's a few tips for you new comers...

- In the beginning you should be levelling up resource fields. If you're a Teuton or Roman, prepare a small raiding force for when your neighbours come out of noob protection. Farm them savagely. Leave some players to grow but keep a very close eye on them. You'll need suitable villages to conquer further on in the game (for new comers: these games can last up to a year!). If you're a Gaul, it's still possible but a little more tricky. You should aim to build a small defence and level up your cranny first. Always remember this: You can't always kill off all the attacking army but you can make your village a very unpleasant target for bigger players (Simply make them lose a lot more resources than they will ever gain from raiding you). This is key to not becoming a farm (a farm is simply a village that is used to steal resources from).

- Once you have a healthy income from resource fields, expansion should be on your mind. You want to get your mits on the most popular spots ASAP (15c and 9c mainly). Well the best way to do this is to level up your academy and embassy. These are the the most efficient way of increasing the culture points your village creates (CP ultimately determines when you can found/conquer a new village). Once you have expanded, do this in ALL your villages. Hardly anyone knows that the embassy and academy increase CP so use that to your advantage!

- Aim for a 15 cropper. You have players who have reasonable armies but are spread out over 5/6 villages. Totally the wrong way to do it. You want your whole entire attacking army positioned in ONE village and 15c is obviously the ideal choice. I have almost the perfect 15c two squares away from me. It has two large wheat oases and one smaller one within the 7x7 grid. If the 15c became my capital, I could hold a HUGE army there (10,000+ easy). This means your other villages should only really build defensive troops. You can just reinforce with defensive troops, can't do that with offensive troops. I really do mean build up a sizeable defence. You may in the best alliance ever but when it comes to the crunch, you're really by yourself.

I'll edit this as more come to mind. If you only remember one thing from my post, it should be this: You can be the nicest, most helpful player in travian but someone always thinks you're a **** and would like to nothing more than to catapult you to nothing so be prepared always.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

Minstadave said:
No way I'm getting into this again, not after the last time, got a bit carried away. Anyone know what happened to the whole OcUK alliance back on the last server?

They merged into Power.a :)

Edit

Another tip

- When you conquer your 15c/9c (Basically the village you will use for an offensive army), make it your capital and do NOT found a new village from it. You want all your expansion slots free so you can train 3 chiefs. A 3 chief assault on a village is bloody savage, you'll probably have it before they even get online.

Last edited:
Associate
OcUK is still alive and kicking.

Not many original players left now though, maybe 3 or 4. No-one left at all from the original OcUK alliance started by Caustic except for Bitslice.

Quite interesting seeing what happened to the original crew:

mrdbristol - BoomS alliance
DaFuzz - Deleted
ca9phoenix - TUK
emailiscrap - Deleted
booner - Deleted
Sinque - Deleted
Jekkel - BIA alliance
Goose - BIA alliance
hola_adios - Deleted
eLbot - Stopped playing?
Litefin - PowerA
morwok - Deleted

The general pattern seems to be leave for bigger alliance (to much vitriol on the OcUK travian forum), then either lose war and delete or win war and keep playing :p

I'm quitting once S1 finishes as it really is a timesink (be warned S2 new players - this game can seriously damage your work productivity) :D

Back
Top Bottom