Treadmill or cross trainer

Soldato
Looking to supplement my home gym with a cardio machine.

Which is the better machine? I'm 47 and pretty out of shape after a long lapse of training and i am looking shed a couple of stone post lockdown

Soldato
rowing machine ?
cardio, and upper body, albeit you are not carrying your weight like running, they can be compact unlike treadmills/cross,
and, although, I run outside anyway, would be a bit concerned by potential knee/joint problems from a treadmill,
can comfortably watch the tv using rowers too, and not too noisy.

Soldato
He was being ironic - don't think a 4K machine was in ops remit.

can you get into a pleasant rythm with a stepper type machine - they never look condusive to me, or is it only compatible with the HIIT -
wonder how the evidence for that hiit is stacking up.

Soldato
He was being ironic - don't think a 4K machine was in ops remit.

can you get into a pleasant rythm with a stepper type machine - they never look condusive to me, or is it only compatible with the HIIT -
wonder how the evidence for that hiit is stacking up.

To be fair Nordictrack do the Freestride which can often be had around £1k if you go used. Very similar type of machine.

Soldato
rowing machine ?
cardio, and upper body, albeit you are not carrying your weight like running, they can be compact unlike treadmills/cross,
and, although, I run outside anyway, would be a bit concerned by potential knee/joint problems from a treadmill,
can comfortably watch the tv using rowers too, and not too noisy.

One of the good things about an erg like the C2 is the community around it as well. Plenty of online teams, monthly challenges and races you can join in with to keep you motivated so you don't just feel like you're plugging away for no reason.

Caporegime
rowing machine ?
cardio, and upper body

^^^ this

Especially as OP is 47, give your knees a rest old man!

Contrary to the standard bodybuilder wisdom no reason why you shouldn’t lose weight and work more of your muscles a bit.

Ideal is perhaps swimming, again low impact and a good all round workout but as far as home workouts go (assuming you don’t live in a mansion or posh apartment block) a rowing machine is a good shout.

Back
Top Bottom