Triangular shed...

Associate
Hi all, having recently retired I'm trying to turn my hand to a few odd jobs. Planters, tick, bird table, tick, raised borders, tick. Now I have identified a space for a shed and am busily reading up on what will be my first ever 'proper' construction... but the problem is, the space I have will only allow a triangular shed. It'l be an equilateral triangle, each side in the range of 8' long and the door will go in the wall which is exposed at the front, the other two walls running along garden walls. I'm hoping to slope the roof from front to the point at the back.

Problem is, I have no building experience and have 2 immediate questions:
1. Can anyone advise what how the structure underneath the floor boarding should be laid out to ensure that it's strong enough to carry weight (myself and garden power tools)
2. Anyone any ideas on how the roof support would be designed to cope with slope from wide wall at the front down to the corner point at the back? I'm also hoping to extend the roof at the front, I'm presuming that this would need to continue on the same slope, how would you suggest supporting the overhang?

Plenty of info online for rectangular sheds but nothing I can find for triangular builds (and yes, there may be a good reason for that, but in this instance I have limited options... i.e. 1!)

Grateful for any thoughts anyone may have before I go gung ho and end up wasting a packet of cash on ruined timber...

Thanks...

Associate
OP
Thanks,but unfortunately that type of design loses too much space, I need to maximise the space and hence triangle it must be... Additionally, I only have a 60 degree angle to play with at the rear, rather than the 90 degrees the plans you mention require. I haven't been able to find plans for a genuinely triangular shed anywhere :(

Few points
I would make a narrow back wall rather than a point personally
Sheds are basically walls screwed together, far easier to have 4, and be able to screw the framing of each side to another at a decent angle, creating a strong andgle at the back traingle and maintaining access should you need it sound tricky

I would do the opposite with teh roof personally, slope slightly to the front and have a gutter along that, otherwise your going to have water goign off the edges rather than towards the back

How are you going to access the roof to be able to waterproof it?

Back
Top Bottom