Trip to Newcastle

Soldato
All chip in and get a hire car. So what if takes 5 hours to drive - just leave earlier ;)

And here's a quick tip, if you support anyone other than Newcastle United, don't spout off on about how great your team is in the middle of a busy pub - especially if Newcastle have just lost.....even more so if they've lost to your team - you will almost definitely get a smack ;)

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Sem said:
hi sorry to bump an old thread but I'm having some problems with getting up there

during the summer when we first planned to go tickets from London kings cross straight to newcastle was a flat £10 per person

Yeah you have to book months in advance for those tickets, and am pretty sure GNER is the only operator to NC from London Kings X.

I think the most reasonable ticket at the moment (for me anyway with a YP railcard) is £60 return - and its an open return which means you are not restricted to what train you have to get, but also doesn't guarrantee you a seat.

BB x

Caporegime
Cr4iG said:
Baja is always full of charvers and 16 yr olds, so is Sea - would personally avoid those two! Blu Bambu isnt quite as full of charvers and idiots, it has a few though. My two fav nights/clubs are Shindig at Digital (prog trance/house) and Bulletproof at the Carling Academy (indie) - both on Saturday night.

Craig

Indeed, Baja is woeful. Though texting the big screen (if it's still there) is fun, especially with rude words.

Soldato
Sem said:
there must be a cheap way to get from london to newcastle :(

(btw coach is out of the question)

thanks

By train there is only GNER - the earlier you book the cheaper it is.

You can however fly to Newcastle Airport with easyjet which might be cheaper for you if you're planning this last minute.

Soldato
Last minute flights to Newcastle are expensive. The only way to get the cheap deals with anything is to book waaay in advance. Cheapest way is going to be to hire a car between you all if its last minute. I should take about 5 hours from London I'd have thought.

Associate
Standard train fare London to Newcastle on an open return is almost £90. Cheapest was to get there is hang around the airport and wait for a seat cancellation on a peak time Friday flight, but then you might be unlucky.

Soldato
I flew to Newcastle last Friday from Stanstead (Easyjet) and it cost £35ish plus about £10 to get to Stanstead from London. I got the train back to Kings Cross and First Class cost me £32.50.

Both trips took the same time so I know which I prefer.

Unfortunately I've already booked my flight for this Friday :(

Sem

Sem

Soldato
OP
well we sorted out the travel we will hire a 6 seater and drive up there

but now we got another problem :rolleyes:

Newcastle are playing at home vs Charlton the weekend were going up there and all the hotels near the city centre and totally booked

the only hotel i can find is one that says its 5mins away from the airport

how far is the airport from the city center and all the action

thanks

Back
Top Bottom