Triple-lock on pensions will stay. Pensions will increase when earnings have decreased

Soldato
You don't see a problem with ever increasing house prices and a pension bill we can't afford?

It's always been like that.

When I bought my 1st house I had 3 jobs and collected scrap on a sunday.
I haven't bought a car since 2006 as the price of petrol is a rip off.

I do hear people moaning that they can't afford a £3-4 cup of coffee...really

The avg wage in the 70s was £32 a week and a house cost £23,000.

I can understand if one goes with out all the nice things and still can't afford a place.
I would just move to a cheaper part of the country I was in.

Soldato
It's always been like that.

When I bought my 1st house I had 3 jobs and collected scrap on a sunday.
I haven't bought a car since 2006 as the price of petrol is a rip off.

I do hear people moaning that they can't afford a £3-4 cup of coffee...really

The avg wage in the 70s was £32 a week and a house cost £23,000.

I can understand if one goes with out all the nice things and still can't afford a place.
I would just move to a cheaper part of the country I was in.

No, your actually wrong. House prices to average salary has gone up.

https://www.schroders.com/en/uk/pri...us-about-house-price-affordability-in-the-uk/

https://www.economicshelp.org/blog/5568/housing/uk-house-price-affordability/

Associate
I don't know why there is all the fuss about pensioners getting back some of the money they paid in all their lives for, what about all the lazy spongers, whole families in some case that live on benefits and have never worked or paid into anything all their lives (excluding anyone that is disabled)

Soldato
I don't think they will scrap it entirely but the way the government are pushing people to have private pensions now. For the people who are in their 20s , I reckon state pension is going to be a quite different than it is now.

Soldato
I don't know why there is all the fuss about pensioners getting back some of the money they paid in all their lives for, what about all the lazy spongers, whole families in some case that live on benefits and have never worked or paid into anything all their lives (excluding anyone that is disabled)

It's not that pensioners shouldn't get any pension but whether a triple lock pension is a sensible thing to have in the current climate.

Soldato
I don't think they will scrap it entirely but the way the government are pushing people to have private pensions now. For the people who are in their 20s , I reckon state pension is going to be a quite different than it is now.

Very different, a non existent kind of different. :D

Soldato
He's saying that wages are projected to rise 18% next year in the aftermath of the pandemic. This is because the furlough scheme will have ended and people will (theoretically, if their job still exists) be back to earning their full wage.

I can't see it happening, small companies who have lost thousands and large companies who have lost millions will all be eager to give their employees 18% rise ?

Back
Top Bottom