Triple monitor mount

Soldato
I was looking for more monitors/space and ended up getting another 2 24 inch monitors.

I found what looked to be the right mount for it, a desk clamp with a single arm that takes 3 monitors up to 27 inches and up to 8KG and emailed the manufacturer to ask them if it will take 3 monitors without bending. They assured me it would.

Fast forward a few days and after a long time setting it up, and with monitors under half the stated maximum weight the arm of course bends and one of the monitors is 1/2 an inch lower than the other.

It wasn't expensive, and now I'm thinking I should have spent more money on it.

So tl;dr - can anyone recommend a triple monitor arm that will hold 3 4KG monitors without bending in the slightest? Ideally it should clamp to the desk rather than have a stand.

Soldato
I tried several before giving up on having 3 24" monitors as they all did what yours has.

The only one I remember no one reporting level issues with was the XFX one but that is silly money £300 iirc.

Soldato
I bought one from a competitor that could take 3 24" monitors on a single bar mounted on a pole that clamped to the desk. With a longer pole added I have a portrait 27" monitor on one side (supplied pole wasn't long enough to have a monitor that size in portrait) and a 22" monitor on the other I've had no issues with it bending/imbalanced. Biggest downside is the monitors are 3-4" further forwards on the pole than they were on their original mounts.

Soldato
I ended up buying a dual monitor stand for my centre and left 24" monitors and sticking my third monitor on a book to bring it up to the correct height. Sounds a bit of a bodge job but it works well and I've not had any issues (touch wood!)

Associate
I bought one from a competitor from Bolton, their own brand one (before OCUK did their trident one), and have found its been pretty good, the monitors don't line up 100%, but can get it within a couple of mm of the top and bottom, which is enough to game on. Only just really got a GFX card though that can cope with 3 x 1080p for games.

Soldato
The Ergotron LX Tripple Lift stand is rated to a total of 22kg, it's true also as I have 3 monitors that total 18.5kg and the stand shows no stand of bending.

Only downside to the Ergotron LX stand only supports upto 20" monitors when running 3 screens.

Old video but this is the Ergotron LX in action showing 3 x 20" screens.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbGs0xp-4VY

Back
Top Bottom