Trouble creating win10 install usb

Soldato
Been tryin to get the media creation tool to make me a new usb install but it never gets past 0% and i cant seem to find out why.

My old usb seems to be corrupt but no reason it should be. Very confused.

Anyone any idea why the creation tool might get stuck at 0%

Soldato
OP
Right, created new usb install and having the same issue that led me to think my previous usb was corrupt.

Boots and asks whether i want to install 32 or 64 bit, goes through a loading files timer for a few seconds and then an error 0xc0000225 pops up with either winload.exe or winload.efi.

This is a new install on an entirely new ssd

Man of Honour
As said set ram to default for the moment
Ie no xmp
As also said test on another pc
And also try vinces iso
If none of the previous works

Second issue with the windows ISO created by the media creation tool in a few days on here. @theleg the iso in that thread is a direct download from Microsoft Volume License Service Center and is confirmed clean and working :)

Soldato
Second issue with the windows ISO created by the media creation tool in a few days on here. @theleg the iso in that thread is a direct download from Microsoft Volume License Service Center and is confirmed clean and working :)
Yeah
That's the only issue
With using the media creation tool
You assume you will get the
Correct version and that
It will not be corrupt either
Knowing you have a good iso
Makes one less thing to
Troubleshoot

Man of Honour
Well @Vince , that iso of yours did the job nicely, thank you very much. We are all up and running. yay

Thanks all.

Pleasure dude. There does seem to be some issues with the media creation tool but sadly unless you have an OVL, MSDN sub or some other way to get at it MS have removed direct downloads on their ISO files. I guess I should just leave it there for a bit just in case :)

Soldato
Pleasure dude. There does seem to be some issues with the media creation tool but sadly unless you have an OVL, MSDN sub or some other way to get at it MS have removed direct downloads on their ISO files. I guess I should just leave it there for a bit just in case :)

just happened across this tool to fetch the latest windows 10 iso by chance
simpler to use than uup
ran it through virustotal came back 100% clean
downloads at bottom of page in case not using an adblocker
as links hard to spot
may come in useful
https://www.wintools.info/index.php/windows-10-iso-download-tool

Back
Top Bottom