Trouble getting mic to work on hyperx cloud alpha's

Associate
Hi Guys, recently bought my first pc which is a slightly upgraded version of the 'enigma enthusiast' pc overclockers have for sale. I was hoping to use my hyperx cloud alpha headset which ive been using on console for a couple years now but I cannot get the mic to work when its connected to the headset? (it definitely works, ive used it on xbox since)

I have installed a soundblasterx ae5 sound card for different reasons (needed optical out for soundbar) and my mic will not work through the sound card, or plugged into back of the pc. The only time i can get the mic to work is if i unplug it completely from the headset, and plug it directly into mic socket on the pc, which whilst it works, isnt usable in that location

The user manual for the ae-5 suggests i shouldnt need a splitter... but i have tried with and without and no difference. Ive been trying on/off for a week now and considering getting a new usb headset but im worried i could have same issue still.

Im assuming its something im doing/not doing but with my limited knowledge im quickly running out of ideas. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Bit more detail; Ryzen 7 2700x and Gigabyte B450 if they have any bearing? Maybe i should try to reinstall the drivers for sound card? One slightly strange thing i have noticed (this may not be strange at all), on the front of the pc i only have 'mic' and 'spk' ports, and on the back through the motherboard i have 'mic' 'line in' and 'line out' - there is no dedicated headset port that i can see apart from the one on my soundcard?

Associate
You shouldn't need a splitter but this is a fairly common issue.
You need to have a play around with the Audio Devices and ensure the mic is enabled in the recording tab. Mine is wireless rather than a single wire but had similar issues getting it setup correctly and recognised in games.

Have a search for walkthrough on configuring a Headset mic in Windows 10 and it should get sorted.

Back
Top Bottom