Trying to remember a book from my childhood

Soldato
Street said:
Thats the same as me... I read those books in primary school but no one else has heard of them and they think I'm weird. Another good one I read at primary school was the Glurp, about a big grey blob thing that ate animals until it got really fat then spat all the animals out. No one else has heard of the Glurp either:(

ROGER RET HAT!

Thats 'The Village With Three Corners' series.

MB

Soldato
Nitefly said:
Oh you are a god.

And I resent not getting the quoting credit for the catipillar :( :p

redhat5ri.jpg

MB

Associate
OP
Tony Soprano said:
Takhisis, I know the book you are after, I read it when I was 11/12 in first year at Grammar School. I'll hunt the title for you. :)
Tony Soprano said:
@ Takhisis: The book is called The Homecoming :)

Excellent :D

If we're gonna be talking about "odd" books - another one I read at about the same time as the nameless one was Bunnicular - searched for it today out of curiosity and found out it was published 3 years before I was even born and is part of a series of 5 books!!! Part of me really want to get hold of them and read them now :o

Edit: Just read the synopsis of The Homecoming and it doesn't sound like the book I'm after - I can definately remember there only being a brother and a sister and then a street-smart kid who helps them out, the book you mentioned is about 4 siblings.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
All this talk of the book made me remember the street kids name was Dig but I was sure one of them was called Sky so I just googles for "Dig Sky" and I found it :D

The book is Throwaways by Ian Strachan (review)

Thank you everyone - by me typing it all out and everything it helped me remember more of it :)

Back
Top Bottom