1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tube suicide bomber left mystery £121,000

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by crashuk, 19 Jan 2006.

1. crashuk

PermaBanned

2. tb2000

Wise Guy

Totally agree, but we all know this probably won't happen. :mad:

3. mejinks

Mobster

^^^ Agreed, however the likelyhood is that it will be spent on converting yet another church into a mosque.

4. crashuk

PermaBanned

or pay for the trains that were damaged.

5. JimmyEatWorms

PermaBanned

Churches are being turned into mosques? Are you talking about churches that are actively being used? Where? When?

6. Visage

PermaBanned

We should send them all back.

7. afraser2k

Sgarrista

Why should any of his money be paid to the victims of his bomb?

We still have inheritance laws in the UK and unless the law can prove his money was gained from being paid to bomb London then the money goes to his family, simple as.

And so there we have the main point to this non-story.

The newspaper has no evidence that the money was gained from terrorism or business venture(s) and is just out to cause "moral outrage" amongst the public.

8. peter_hutson

Wise Guy

If a loss of churches upsets you mate, don't ever come to Aberdeen. They are all being turned into pubs! I await the onslaught of angry "send the publicans" home posts. Or maybe I'm missing the thrust of your disapproval?

9. cleanbluesky

Capodecina

Who cares how it was 'earned'? I'd still rather see the money go to a nice memorial or something

10. @if ®afiq

Soldato

That money belongs to his and, according to the Law, now belongs to his family. There is no evidence that it was money he got for the terrorist act - unless you are advocating collective punishment?

11. afraser2k

Sgarrista

Then the bomber's family goes to court and sues the government for even more money. Unfortunately unless it's proven he got paid to bomb London then it goes to the family.

12. Weebull

Capodecina

His father isn't guilty of anything, why should he be punished by having what is now rightfully his money taken away from him?

13. cleanbluesky

Capodecina

Why should I have my money taken from me for speeding? Because there are no rules and I'd say the money would be best serve as repayment... it would also serve as a good message to the next potential suicide bomber not to take kickbacks ...

14. Event Horizon

Wise Guy

Edit* From the initial posts it looked as though the money had been "Left" at the scene. That changes what i said before. He should face the same investigation as anyone else who has large ammounts of money yet cant prove their earnings.

Last edited: 20 Jan 2006
  15. skiba

Mobster

16. Bear

Capodecina

Because you would have broken the law, the father didnt.

17. cleanbluesky

Capodecina

The son did, and the money doesn't belong to his father yet.

18. crashuk

PermaBanned

ok if i damage a train i have to pay for it, if i chop of some1s limb i have to pay conpensation for it. why is he different?

19. JimmyEatWorms

PermaBanned

Erm...maybe because you breaking the law. This guys father has not.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Edit: oops...already been said. Must remember to read the whole thread. :)

WOuld you also support all convicted criminals being stripped of all their assetts irrespective of how they earned the money?

Last edited: 20 Jan 2006
  20. afraser2k

Sgarrista

Because the guy is dead. It's a completely different scenario.

Actually from reading the article it appears that the bomber has not left any will at all and that his father is making legal moves to take over the estate. From what I can tell (from Google) this document is merely issued by the High Court to a person to allow them to administer the estate of the deceased who died without a will.

So in that effect it's merely a legal move by the bomber's father to control the finances left over.

While the situation of the son's death is terrorism legally there is nothing anyone can do, as far as I know, to stop him becoming the administrator and thus no compensation. I don't think it will stop any civil action being taken for a compensation payout though.