Votes: 24 31.6%

Votes: 6 7.9%

Votes: 4 5.3%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
image.png

Mugello
When was the track built?
Although the ‘Mugello’ name had been associated with racing in that area of Tuscany since back in 1914 – having previously referred to a fearsome 61-km road racing course – the Mugello circuit proper opened in June 1974. Ferrari then purchased the track, based a 120-km drive away from their headquarters, in 1988.

When was its first Grand Prix?
Despite having been a fixture for a number of international series over the years, most notably MotoGP, 2020 marks the first time that Mugello hosts a Formula 1 World Championship event.

What’s the circuit like?
Mugello is a swooping, undulating circuit that the drivers almost universally adore. Set in a valley, the natural topography makes a lap of the 5.2-km track – which has hosted many an F1 test in its time, including Kimi Raikkonen’s famous first outing with Sauber – a real rollercoaster ride, with the stomach-churning run through Casanova, Savelli and into Arrabbiata 1 and 2 a particular highlight.

TV Times
Sky:
image.png

C4:
Saturday - 7.30pm Qualifying Highlights
Sunday - 6.30pm Race Highlights

Track Diagram & Information
image.png

Weather Forecast
image.png

WDC Standings
image.png

Constructors' Championship Standings
image.png

Practice 1
nK3XDlD.png

Practice 2
01Q1THM.png

Practice 3
Id4ttv8.png

Qualifying
cyDrD3x.png

Race
JKxcKBp.png

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Really excited to see F1 cars at Mugello, one of my favourite tracks in Europe. Watching motogp bikes here every year is spectacular, think the drivers will love driving here. Only some of the old guard have tested around here iirc.

Very fast flowing track but it's a bit narrow so I don't have high hopes for many overtakes.

Soldato
Really excited to see F1 cars at Mugello, one of my favourite tracks in Europe. Watching motogp bikes here every year is spectacular, think the drivers will love driving here. Only some of the old guard have tested around here iirc.

Very fast flowing track but it's a bit narrow so I don't have high hopes for many overtakes.

Yeah, MotoGP is fantastic here. But you're right, i'm not sure we're in for much overtaking for F1.

Should be interesting though.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Ferrari are running a one-off Burgundy livery for this race.

Caporegime
This is going to be so, so fast. They reckon it could be flat out in Qualifying from turn 5 through to turn 10. Sadly I fear that due to this there will be little passing other than DRS.

Man of Honour
Interesting. The official track record is 1:39.07 in a Group C Lancia LC2 in 1985. MotoGP fastest laps are in the 1:45's Grosjean set a low 1:21.0 in testing in 2012.

Currently in the 1:17's.... I think there's a good chance of a new lap record this weekend. ;)

That’s mega. Unfortunately I can’t see there being much overtaking at these speeds on this track.

They were talking in FP1 as turn 1 being the only real overtaking opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom