Votes: 1 1.3%

Votes: 8 10.5%

Votes: 26 34.2%

Votes: 24 31.6%

Votes: 6 7.9%

Votes: 4 5.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
There's a Daily Mail 'article'. I'm not going to link at as they don't deserve the traffic, but if you read what they wrote it's all 'could' and 'may', nothing definite and certainly no substantiated evidence that the FIA has even mentioned it publicly, let alone actually started an investigation.

Typical hearsay and rumour BS.

Soldato
There's a Daily Mail 'article'. I'm not going to link at as they don't deserve the traffic, but if you read what they wrote it's all 'could' and 'may', nothing definite and certainly no substantiated evidence that the FIA has even mentioned it publicly, let alone actually started an investigation.

Typical hearsay and rumour BS.

Yes the mail.

But Both Merc drivers had a go at Masi.
And now Masi is firing back.

"From the point of view of the FIA, safety always comes first. End of story. It's a personal insult to have someone say otherwise,"

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/6824...lts-bottas-and-hamilton-after-statements.html

You can get to big for ones boots.

Caporegime
Sure, luck is a huge part of it. No safety car, no win, what else would you call it. That’s not to say Gasly didn’t show skill out in front last week, but skill didn’t get him into that position.

Yeah, Gasly nailed his luck. Gasly feels different because he's performed so consistently well this season that it feels like he deserved the win. Like reward earned. Also, a Gasly win is a lot more impressive than a 3rd place for Albon when Max is out. That 3rd place is the minimum that should be expected of him. He's in the second best car out there; Gasly is in the, what, 7th best car?

Soldato
Ironically if Bottas had bolted way before the line(I.e last corner) he *may* have won that race as he lost out on the restart caused by the pile up. I say may because the Merc doesn’t really like following and Ham may not have been able to get past him.

Either way it’s probably knocked him confidence wise.

Man of Honour
Ironically if Bottas had bolted way before the line(I.e last corner) he *may* have won that race as he lost out on the restart caused by the pile up. I say may because the Merc doesn’t really like following and Ham may not have been able to get past him.

Either way it’s probably knocked him confidence wise.

We may still have gotten the final red flag too, but I agree with you, he might have had a better shot. His confidence must be shot after this weekend. I’m not even sure which iteration of bottas we’re currently on.

Soldato
We may still have gotten the final red flag too, but I agree with you, he might have had a better shot. His confidence must be shot after this weekend. I’m not even sure which iteration of bottas we’re currently on.

Even when he tried going for the point Hamilton yoinked it away on the second to last lap. It must be interesting to say the least. You’ve reached the pinnacle of motorsport, won countless classes/championships over the years and then you run into someone who is just better than you full stop. But what are you supposed to do?! If you know you are at your max and have nothing left all you can try to do is pick up the scraps and hope for the best I guess?!

Soldato
Yet that is not what Rosberg did. Rosberg worked hard to win a mental advantage over Hamilton and clearly succeeded in rattling his cage. He was also far closer to Hamilton in pace, and beat Hamilton far more often. Yeah, he needed some luck to win a championship; Bottas needs a miracle.

He did a much better job to be fair to him although I genuinely think he was a very quick driver. However I do think that winning season took it out of him and wasn’t surprised he hung up his gloves after it.

Bottas just seems too steady. He’s obviously quick or he wouldn’t be in F1 but you wouldn’t bet your house on him attacking and going for a win by coming back through the field etc.

Soldato
Yet that is not what Rosberg did. Rosberg worked hard to win a mental advantage over Hamilton and clearly succeeded in rattling his cage. He was also far closer to Hamilton in pace, and beat Hamilton far more often. Yeah, he needed some luck to win a championship; Bottas needs a miracle.

I think he was only able to do that because they both had a fair amount of history as well.

I don't think Bottas has the ammo to get into Hamiltons head full stop, Lewis knows he is faster and always has been.. his self belief will be off the scale.

Associate
However I do think that winning season took it out of him and wasn’t surprised he hung up his gloves after

Nico has said exactly this several times since retiring and covered it on his own YouTube channel. Lewis has so much natural talent and consistency that to have a chance to beat him you have to give 100% in everything you do for the entire season and it’s physically and mentally draining and requires a bit of luck. He knew his chances of repeating that were slim and didn't have the energy / wanted to spend more time with his family. I took the **** when he retired as wanted to see the follow up. But in hindsight I have to give Nico some respect that he was honest to himself and did what was riht for him.

Soldato
I completely disagree with both points. Albon is dreadful, and only gets near the podium in races where there's an SC or Red Flag (Brazil 2019, Austria, Mugello this year). In a straight race, and on a good day, he's a good 0.5s off Max and spends the race in no mans land. On a normal day he gets mired up in the midfield and goes nowhere - as he did last week, and would have done this week without the stoppages to close the field up and save his result.
Albon doesnt get the same treatment as Max. Or Max is just another hamilton and everyone else is just not fast enough.

Hardly albons fault if its the latter?

Much like Botas. Everyone slagging him off as if many in f1 could match and beat hamilton lol.

Hamilton is IMO the best ever driver.

No one can match him and that doesnt mean the rest are rubbish drivers. It just means Hamilton is just the best.

Back
Top Bottom