1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tv card Software?

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by ja3h, 8 Jun 2006.

1. ja3h

Hitman

Hey, just picked up an old hauppauge win tv nova usb external tuner. The software seems v.dated and buggy. E.g. i have to start it up about 3 times before i get a picture >.< Can i use other programs or am i limited to just the one?

2. Slinwagh

PermaBanned

Check out Mediaportal its very good for free !!!

3. tripitaka

Hitman

I second that.
    I just got a Nova-T DVB card, and have been playing about with mediaportal for the last couple of days. Loving it so far.

GBPVR is another freeware (though not open source) program. Unfortunately I had some problems tuning in channels with this, although it looks promissing.

Mediaportal has a very nice UI, but must be running permanently for scheduled recordings.

GBPVR, by comparison, appeared to have a tray icon that could run in the background when recordings where scheduled, without having to have the main app running - a more elegant solution for a machine that is not a dedicated HTPC.

4. ja3h

Hitman

well i tried media portal and it crashed on me, i tried the original software and only e4 and e4+1 worked, it scanned and found loads of channels but none of them work...what could be the problem? i'm using the aerial that is on my roof, and i have a goodmans digital box in the next room which has a high signal on all programs..hmmm