TV Licence Super Thread

Soldato
How about if every person put the letter in a jiffy bag with no stamp and filled with sand, then into one of those franked mail drop offs?

Last edited:
Soldato
I usually write return to sender unopened and post back. Not sure if this costs them though but gives me the satisfaction that they know I didn't read their threats.

Soldato
I was reading an article today in the newspaper about Channel 4 losing a lot of money.

The interesting bit was it said channel 4 was state owned? When did that happen? I thought it was a private commercial station?

Soldato
CH4 state owned but funded mostly by advertising.

The way the BBC should go and if that means cutting down on output then so be it.

I'm glad I don't fund Kuenssberg, the BBC's Tory mouthpiece.

Caporegime
It does mean they end up paying twice to send a letter though. The bean counters don't like it :p

If 1000s of people started doing it, it would be a real problem for them.
theres a BBC tv centre for newcastle 10mins from my house.

I take mine directly to their letterbox

How about if every person put the letter in a jiffy bag with no stamp and filled with sand, then into one of those franked mail drop offs?
I get the feeling sending a jiffy bag of sand or powder could end up being a very bad idea

Soldato
6 months since I filled out the form stating I didn't need one (and unlike some people in here I actually do not need one) and not had a single letter or knock on the door.

Regardless if I actually need one or not, why should I give all my details over to them? I don't give all my details over to Sky to say that I don't want to pay for their services.

Caporegime
6 months since I filled out the form stating I didn't need one (and unlike some people in here I actually do not need one) and not had a single letter or knock on the door.
idk about that I read it can be a bad idea because they now know who lives there.

I've been getting letters for about 7 years, not telling them anything since its none of their business if I choose not to watch live TV

only thing I have is broadband + phone no tv services at all, no TV.

I know I don't need a license, they don't need to know anything.

My next door neighbours satellite is more on my side of the wall than than theirs so it would be funny if they tried to take me to court thinking it was mine

Back
Top Bottom