TV Licence Super Thread

Caporegime
never owned a tv license at this place and its been like 5-6 years just ignore the letters.
don't watch UK live TV and ain't paying a tv license for netflix or something

Soldato
never owned a tv license at this place and its been like 5-6 years just ignore the letters.
don't watch UK live TV and ain't paying a tv license for netflix or something

Why bother with the letters? It takes 60 seconds to tell them you don't need a TV licence online.

I appreciate we shouldn't have to do it.

You don't need a licence for NetFlix.

Caporegime
Why bother with the letters? It takes 60 seconds to tell them you don't need a TV licence online.

I don't agree with contacting a company to inform them I do not require their services.

it makes no sense and doesn't seem very democratic

Soldato

Why do people keep saying that when we all know 60s online doesn't always work and can make things worse.

Soldato
I current pay for a TV license but came across an article that mentioned you need one even if you watch a live broadcast from Amazon, e.g. watching a live Premier League game on Prime.

What's the justification for that as you're paying for Prime, it's being delivered via IPTV which you're paying your ISP to deliver? I.e. where's the cost for the BBC that needs to be covered? :confused:

Soldato
I current pay for a TV license but came across an article that mentioned you need one even if you watch a live broadcast from Amazon, e.g. watching a live Premier League game on Prime.

What's the justification for that as you're paying for Prime, it's being delivered via IPTV which you're paying your ISP to deliver? I.e. where's the cost for the BBC that needs to be covered? :confused:

The TV License is not about covering the cost for the BBC, regardless of whether people think it should be.

It's designed to collect money from all 'TV' viewers, to fund PSB type content, predominantly the BBC.

Soldato

Naa, they can send me £100s worth of letters :D

More people cancelling means they have to keep sending more and more letters out. Which compounds the "problem" for them and hopefully the racket collapses.

But if you play the numbers game you can likely get away with watching TV but never getting a visit, for life. If you live quite a way from the nearest Capita offices and aren't poor, you will probably never see an "enforcer" :D

Last edited:
Permabanned
Ah, just opened the latest.

'Unlicensed property' :D

YOUR ATTENTION IS REQUIRED!!!!111

Usual drivel I'm breaking the law if I watch live TV on any channel without a licence.

'99% conviction rate for licence fee evasion cases determined by the court'. Lol yeah and how many actually go to court? Nowhere near enough worth quoting that's for sure.

Caporegime
Naa, they can send me £100s worth of letters :D

More people cancelling means they have to keep sending more and more letters out. Which compounds the "problem" for them and hopefully the racket collapses.

But if you play the numbers game you can likely get away with watching TV but never getting a visit, for life. If you live quite a way from the nearest Capita offices and aren't poor, you will probably never see an "enforcer" :D

Never seen one

Think I've might have visited once in old house. Unfortunately they visited during daytime when I was out.

Or it might have veg junk mail made to look like a card

Soldato
how did you do this? i've heard it is an option and they leave you alone, for a few years anyway

I think every two years they send me an e-mail which I sign to say that my circumstances remain the same, and I still don't require a TV licence.

It's terrible we have to but it takes me less than 60 seconds and then I don't have to worry about it for two years.

I'm sure it can be done online without a prompt.

Soldato
I think every two years they send me an e-mail which I sign to say that my circumstances remain the same, and I still don't require a TV licence.

It's terrible we have to but it takes me less than 60 seconds and then I don't have to worry about it for two years.

I'm sure it can be done online without a prompt.
If only it was really 60 seconds once every 2 years for everyone but that's living in fantasy land. If only there was a safe online version that wasn't like rolling a dice on if it would make things worse or better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom